LG HX906TX HDMI Input HD Audio Issues.

girbsnl

Dear Friends

I've been a member for a long time back. This my come back after a long gap.
Kindly let me reproduce a letter that I had written to LG service team with regard to my LG Home Theatre HDMI Input HD Audio Decoding issues.
Hope I get your valued inputs.

Here the letter goes....

LG HT HX906TX HD-Audio Issues in HDMI Input
Dear LG Executives

I am an Audiio Holic, and I am proud of that :). I love the brand LG, and own an LG 47LW6500 -3D TV along with this HT-HX906TX the 9.1 speaker, 5.1 system. Believe me, I successfully convinced two of my colleagues in purchasing the next generation LM version 3D TVs and HTs.

I spent a fortune to set up 3D TV+ 3D Bluray Home Theater; about 2 lakhs !
I have been communicating with LG on various occasions. The last one was when I found issues playing DTS-HD Master Audio files stored in USB; the system couldn't decode the Audio. Thanks to the timely support from Mr Satya, the Technical Person from LG, he explained me that the HT won't play HD audio directly from USB, an HDMI connectivity should seal the issue etc.

I did certain research as well, and I came to know, whatever Mr Satya had explained is indeed true in certain HT models. The HDMI Input seemed the only savior then.

Now, a few days before, I purchased an XtreamerPro- an acclaimed player which supports HD Audio:DTS MA, Dolby TrueHD etc (Xtreamer.Net - Specs)

and connected the same to HDMI IN-1 of my HT using HDMI cable. I was really disappointed to see that the HT only shown PCM 2/0.0 for the DTS HD MA file (5.1 Channel) I tried to play through Xtreamer, which is in HD-Audio Passthrough Mode. When I played the same file through my Laptop connected to HT through HDMI cable, the HT shown PCM 2/3.1 for the same file, and sounded better. This clearly gives me an assumption that, the high cost HT: HX906TX doesn't support DTS HD MA through HDMI input.

It is nothing but, a great disappointment for an audio freak like me (Frankly, I now feel like being cheated)

The specifications and Issues in a nutshell
1) HT: HX906TX, Player: XtreamerPro Input HDMI In-1 or 2 (Xtreamer Passthrough HD raw audio through HDMI)
HT shows and sounds : PCM 2/0.0
2) HT: HX906TX, Player: Laptop Input HDMI In-1 or 2 (Laptop Decodes the Audio)

HT shows PCM 2/3.1 and sounds far better. I hope I get an urgent support. I definitely feel LG is a superior, well priced band.
I hope my faith in LG continues..

That was my letter to LG, Kindly give your comments, inputs.

Thanks for your reply..

Xtreamer is set for DTSHD/TrueHD no issues with that.
Even I tested my Xtreamer with other AVR and found its settings abso. fine.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back