LG Player with Bose Speakers

ritesh321

I would like to know if I connect a LG DD 447 which is a DVD player with a "full digital amplifier" to Bose Acoustimass Speakers which is a 2.1 system with a passive subwoofer.

The Bose Acoustimass speaker spec's are -
Impedence 4-8 Ohms
Output - 10-100W RMS
The LG DD 447 has digital 5.1 output and analog L-R output.
(LG Portable DivX DVD Player | Stylish Stylish USB DVD Player | Dual Disc Playback with USB Plus)

I would like to know if I connect the Bose speakers to the analog L-R output ports would the sytem work.

I have not found anyone discussing this on any of the forums. I'm trying to avoid purchasing an expensive amplifier (like onkyo, HK, etc) for the bose speakers, if this LG-Bose combo works, it will save a lot of money and may be a really good option for many people.

Any thoughts or experience would be helpful.

I would like to know if I connect a LG DD 447 which is a DVD player with a "full digital amplifier" to Bose Acoustimass Speakers which is a 2.1 system with a passive subwoofer.

The Bose Acoustimass speaker spec's are -
Impedence 4-8 Ohms
Output - 10-100W RMS

The LG DD 447 has digital 5.1 output and analog L-R output.
(LG Portable DivX DVD Player | Stylish Stylish USB DVD Player | Dual Disc Playback with USB Plus)

I would like to know if I connect the Bose speakers to the analog L-R output ports would the sytem work.

I have not found anyone discussing this on any of the forums. I'm trying to avoid purchasing an expensive amplifier (like onkyo, HK, etc) for the bose speakers, if this LG-Bose combo works, it will save a lot of money and may be a really good option for many people.

Any thoughts or experience would be helpful.

BOSE system with published specifications? :eek:

When you say digital,it can have coax OR optical input.You can connect DVDp with digital option which can give better sound than ana R+L connection.

Is there any way to convert from analog to digital for the wires that come with the bose speaker system.

Still, I'm not sure if the LG DVD player will be able to drive the bose speakers in a decent way... if someone could post their thoughts/experiences on this it would make the decision simpler.

Is there any way to convert from analog to digital for the wires that come with the bose speaker system..
Why so when you have digital out of DVDP?

Still, I'm not sure if the LG DVD player will be able to drive the bose speakers in a decent way... if someone could post their thoughts/experiences on this it would make the decision simpler.

When speakers are digital ,then it must be having int amp?
Pl.post the link of Bose spk.

Add says they are passive spk & can be connected to stereo OR AVR.
So DVDp cant drive that.If your DVDP has inbuilt amp,then only it can drive OR add another amp to be placed btwn DVDp & Spks.

Have you already bought the bose?
Which series is it? AM 5,AM7 ,AM 10,AM 15

Now the amp uszed is ultra cheap chipamp, and 2000 W PMPO isa marketing /product managers imagination

These DVD players were made for mass market and sound overbassy and over treble full( zankaar bits!)

Bose sounds better if you have least decent amp and mind well Lg has got lousy amp

Anyway If you have not bought bose ,refer the forum and buy something else! For good bang for buck stay away from bose!

Its Bose AM 3 - i haven't purchased it yet. Its around 14K - i suppose thats a decent price for a set of sat's and a sub + there's a 5 yr warranty.

I haven't found a similar deal with anyother brand. Do let me know if you are aware of a similar speaker deal.

and any reasonably priced amp's??

Its Bose AM 3 - i haven't purchased it yet. Its around 14K - i suppose thats a decent price for a set of sat's and a sub + there's a 5 yr warranty.

I haven't found a similar deal with anyother brand. Do let me know if you are aware of a similar speaker deal.

and any reasonably priced amp's??

Lousy spaekers to be honest
AVOID BOSE -F*** HYPE!
You have space issue? and what is your max budget?
Upto 20 K try this

1) Audioengine - Speakers with amp built in
Audioengine USA A5 90W Active Bookshelf Speakers - Best Buy -

2) Norge combo - just go through this forum

3) Altec lancing powered speakers ( Forum please help)

4) Seeif you can get any used system!

My budget is around 25k and i intend to use it mainly for music listening and occasionally for movies.

Where in delhi can I demo the audioengine speakers? Do let me know of other options. Thanks buddy.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back