LG TV and Wireless Connectivity

tushargok

I have purchased LG 42LE5300 LED TV year ago. TV clearly says it is wireless ready and says needs to buy an external dongel. I search through lot of sites, also asked LG customer care unfortunately none of them could help me understand which dongel will work. There are 2 types of dongels shown on LG website. AN-WF100 (Link) and the other one is AN-WL100 (Link). The second one is expensive as it is mainly used to connect multiple devices to the devices. However none of them have 42LE5300 in its supported TV model list. Can anyone share information if you have similar TV and any of the wireless dongel in use?

Hi Tushargok,

Why cant you try a network cable hardwired to your TV if your tv has ethernet port or alternatively you can buy netgear wireless dongle and it should work with your tv or check with panasonic guess they are selling some dongle for viera series tv which should also meet your requirement.

Please check with the dealer for further details in compatibility point.

Cheers
Bala

Thanks BalaHiFi and haisaikat, I did lot more research and found that you are right. I cannot connect simple USB wifi dongle which will allow me to connect to internet and use the DLNA feature. However I can use the other AN-WL100 dongle which will allow me to connect various devices to the dongle without the floating cables around it.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back