LG TV Lossless Audio not passing to home theater

MasterM

Hi All,

Equipment:

TV : Model : LG UQ75 (Supports eARC)
Home Theater : Model : Sony HT-IV300 (Supports ARC)

I have connected High Speed HDMI cable on eARC port on TV and ARC out on receiver and enabled CEC also enabled bitstream pass through Audio . Now when I play video files through USB on TV , Lossy Dolby Audio is passing but Lossless Audio like DTS HD MA is not passing to Receiver.

Should receiver also support eARC ? or am I missing some settings

eARC is needed on the receiver for passing of lossless audio like DTS HD MA and Dolby TruHD to the receiver. Otherwise only lower bandwidth audio passes through.

Btw if you connect the source to the receiver this problem is taken care off.

eARC is needed on the receiver for passing of lossless audio like DTS HD MA and Dolby TruHD to the receiver. Otherwise only lower bandwidth audio passes through.

Btw if you connect the source to the receiver this problem is taken care off.
yup it looks like We need eARC in both devices for Hi-Res audio to pass...

I taught of connecting input directly to Receiver but problem is I am playing 4K Video with DTS-HD MA Audio content in TV with USB ...I can pass audio only through eARC which my receiver doesn't support

Well eARC is strictly not backwards compatible with ARC however you would be getting the lossy audio tracks as ARC has lesser bandwidth for audio transfer. As you are not using OTT, so I think unless you have an android box which can playback local movies it will be difficult to get the lossless audio through your receiver.

You can connect the USB to the laptop and playback the movie/clip though Kodi/Plex and connected directly to the receiver would be able to get lossless audio from your receiver.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back