[LG WR Discussion] 3D Gaming

LGWRGreg

lgwrgreg-albums-lg-world-record-picture396-3d-gaming.jpg

3D graphics nowadays is becoming more and more realistic. Then if you add 3D on top of that, you now have a formula where you might actually forget that you are just playing game. What games do you love playing in 3D? Or if youve never tried gaming in 3D, what kinds of games do you think would be best for playing in 3D?

We haven't been able to realize the full potential of HD gaming till now so 3D gaming still has some time to become mainstream. But in an ideal world, I would love playing FIFA 13 (it's in the game) ;D

Gaming in 3D? What's so exciting about gaming in 3D? I think one can survive watching an occasional movie on a 3D TV, but average gaming sessions usually last much longer - and are much more frequent. With unwieldy 3D glasses and all - no thanks - I will stick to my PC gaming!

3D gaming is definitely something that I will like to explore - though I am skeptical how gameplay would be improved vis a vis normal 2D gaming. The Dual Play feature - that the LG 3D TV boasts of - will also primarily appeal to console fans - I don't think hardcore PC gamers would be much curious to explore it.

LG WRman Sherlock here!

I guess it depends on personal preference whether or not you want to play games in 3D. For me, 2D games has become quite monotonous. I mean the adventure is still exciting and all but I want something more, something better. And 3D gaming is exactly the remedy for my dissatisfaction. When the 3D is in HD and real good it makes you become a part of the game, and you really feel like you're in the world itself. It's a new layer of excitement. Granted, you can get lost in that for hours on end and have no work done, but it's amazing when you're really into it. That's the way I see with my 3D gaming experience. And I'm willing to bet there are many others who enjoy it too. So give it a try, maybe? You might even enjoy it more than you think.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

3D gaming is brilliant, so much so i am almost on verge of playing all my games again(Ofcourse the one that support 3D).

Dual play technology is so awesome for multiplayer, that you have to experience it to believe it.

Hey AtheK, glad to hear you're enjoying the TV. May I ask what games you're playing with it? For me, Uncharted 3 is probably my favorite to play on my LG 3D TV.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

I think LG have already launched their new game world, which is a wonderful source of games, especially for 3d games. I dont know whether pacman game is available in their game section or not but if it is available then definitely i would like to play "pacman" in 3d.

Yes, LG indeed recently released the Game World portal for LG World Record Cinema 3D TVs. There are many popular titles that both kids and adults can enjoy playing, and some are even developed exclusively for LG TV (but I won't tell what they are 'cos that would spoil all the fun of discovery). Pacman is not yet available though. I will update you here if it is out any time in the future! For now, enjoy the LG Game World!

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Hey AtheK, glad to hear you're enjoying the TV. May I ask what games you're playing with it? For me, Uncharted 3 is probably my favorite to play on my LG 3D TV.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

hi,

I am currently playing God Of War: Ghost of Sparta and Killzone 3. Tried a bit of Arkham City as well and it was easily the best of three. My disc of UC3 is with my friend, he should return it today. I am sure ND would have done a great job with UC3 as well.

So how was UC 3 on the LG TV? I have only tried Chains of Olympus in the GoW series. I heard they recently released a remastered version called the God of War Saga. Gotta get me some of that really soon when I get a break from work. Hope you're enjoying the TV to the maximum.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

P.S: I replied to your private message earlier but I'm not sure if you got it yet. If you haven't then tell me here and I'll resend the info to you. Cheers!

Last edited:
I have tried Dual Play the Dual Play of LG 3D TV - playing Gran Turismo 5 at a friend's place. Awesome - and different when playing without the bother of split screens. As for 3d performance in single player mode - I tried Arkham City - and the experience was just so -so.

I have tried Dual Play the Dual Play of LG 3D TV - playing Gran Turismo 5 at a friend's place. Awesome - and different when playing without the bother of split screens. As for 3d performance in single player mode - I tried Arkham City - and the experience was just so -so.

What a coincidence, I had also played the same game on my TV and it was a nice experience but I had to still to become a master of that game.

I would like to play "need for speed" and "pacific rift" in 3d format. Earlier i played "Battlefield" game. The game is best once we wear 3d passive glasses then it feel like characters popping out of the screen and scenes by having a great sense of depth.

Last week i played a demo of Metro 2033 in 3d. I was offered the chance to take the controller and dive into a new kind of gaming experience and of course I took it. I was impressed a lot. This game is a single player game but still i enjoyed by wearing lg's passive 3d tv glasses.

I would like to play "need for speed" and "pacific rift" in 3d format. Earlier i played "Battlefield" game. The game is best once we wear 3d passive glasses then it feel like characters popping out of the screen and scenes by having a great sense of depth.

Ooh, I need to try Battlefield soon! It's on the endless game list that I'd probably never finish in this life time. It's great to know that someone's using the LG TV, particularly the 3D gaming capability, to the maximum! Keep on the awesomeness, my friend! :clapping:

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back