[LG WR Discussion] Smart TV

LGWRGreg

lgwrgreg-albums-lg-world-record-picture391-smart-tv.jpg

All the high end TVs are now coming with Smart TV features. Already, the LG App Store has hundreds of applications that you can download, with more being added every day. What kind of apps do you think will be fun to use on your Smart TV? If you already own a Smart TV, which apps do you enjoy the most?

Tell you what Greg, make LG's VOD service more extensive and cheaper and that will be the best Smart TV option!

YouTube and FB are the most common. Apart from that, I love the massive screen for viewing Google Maps before leaving for somewhere as I love exploring new places (not a big believer in Smartphones..)

Tell you what Greg, make LG's VOD service more extensive and cheaper and that will be the best Smart TV option!

Since LG World Record TVs are Smart TVs, someone simply needs to create an application for any of the VOD services available in India! Unfortunately, if you want VOD services such as Hulu or Netflix, since they are available only in certain countries, you will have to wait until they become available in the future. And once they become available, you can bet that they will be made available on the LG World Record TVs as well.

YouTube and FB are the most common. Apart from that, I love the massive screen for viewing Google Maps before leaving for somewhere as I love exploring new places (not a big believer in Smartphones..)

This is LG Cinema Smart TV at its finest!

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

Point taken Mr. Sherlock. But doesn't India as a region have any VOD app for the Smart TV's available these days?

The VOD apps are already there in the LG Smart TV - you just won't see them if the service is not active - for example, Hulu and Netflix are not available in India. Our country does not have any homegrown VOD service as of yet - though Times group offering Box TV is expected soon. I hope LG Smart TV make an app as and when the service actually comes on-stream.

I personally like to see voice recognition feature in magic motion emote. But in India this feature is not available in LG smart TV products. Hope they will include this feature in their remote with newer models.

Hey kholi_pankaj, LG WRman Sherlock here,

The Voice Recognition feature will soon be available on the LG World Record 3D TVs in India. At the moment, this feature is available for American accent with the British accent currently under development. We always try to provide the best possible experience for our Indian customers so that's why perfecting the feature could take a while. If there is any news on it, the LG World Record team will definitely update it here so keep a lookout!

LG WRman Sherlock out!

As far as voice recognition in the Magic Motion Remote is concerned, I would say stay away from it - unless you get to master the Indian accent. But then, there is no single Indian accent - a Tamil person will sound different from a Gujarati person while speaking English - so I think voice recognition won't succeed much in India.

Thank you for the advice, lakhan.j. Our engineers are working hard to make the Voice Recognition function a reality in our LG World Record TVs in India. If there is any progress, I will definitely update it here.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

I love my new LM6400, except for a couple of problem areas.....

1) For audio out the only option is an 'optical audio out'. There is no other way by which I can connect my sony hi-fi - which DOES NOT have an optical audio in! So now the two are incompatible and I am deprived of my Sony's incredible sound effects. The system is just 2 years old :-( . It appears all other TVs have either a phono out or a headphone out (which could have served the purpose). THe LG BD player too has both both options -optical as well as phono. So, I'm not only dejected, but also morose. Why can't such a high-end product have such basic things? I mean, how much research can one do before finalising on a product??? Obviosuly I NEVER expected this!
Can u suggest a way out?

2) The LG apps need to include more stuff.

3) What is the 'resolution upscaler'? Didn't find the feature in the TV, though it's there on the LG site.

4) Yet to figure out what is DLNA.

5) For some curious reason it appears that LG is phasing out LM6400 (??) The model was not mentioned in the company's ad in the papers today. It lists out LM6410. Have I purchased an unsuccesful model?

Hope u will answer my queries.

best wishes.

Hey newtechie,

1/ Here's one way that you can try to connect the TV to the hifi system: first, you would need a Digital to Analog Stereo Audio Converter which can be easily purchased on ebay India or Flipkart. Then you need an optical cable to connect the TV to the converter and a phono to 3.5mm cables to connect the hifi system to the converter. With this method, the optical output on the TV should give audio to the hifi sytem.

2/ We are improving the LG Apps Store everyday. But of course, research and development to create a good app can take a while. In the mean time, how about some suggestions for possible future apps: http://www.hifivision.com/lg-world-record/31005-lg-world-record-tv-app-ideas.html

3/ Resolution Upscaler is the built-in feature of the LG TV to convert low resolution image to video to high resolution. This feature is automatic so you don't need to fiddle with it.

4/ DLNA stands for Digital Living Network Alliance. It provides a platform for media sharing between different DLNA-certified products in your home network. In simpler terms, with the LG TV, you can easily stream movies, send photos or files to and from your phones or laptop that are also DLNA-compatible.

5/ The only difference between the LG LM6410 and LM6400 is that the former has built-in wifi so it's a little more expensive than the latter. We absolutely are not trying to neglect any of our models. We are proud of all our LG World Record 3D TVs.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Hey newtechie,

1/ Here's one way that you can try to connect the TV to the hifi system: first, you would need a Digital to Analog Stereo Audio Converter which can be easily purchased on ebay India or Flipkart. Then you need an optical cable to connect the TV to the converter and a phono to 3.5mm cables to connect the hifi system to the converter. With this method, the optical output on the TV should give audio to the hifi sytem.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Thnx!
1. Checked out the convertor - it's available on ebay and amazon. Can the convertor be connected thru phono (ie both ends L/R ) with the hi-fi, in place of one end 3.5mm? The hi-fi has audio in (L/R) and the convertor also seems to have L/R option.

2. Will the 3D sound effects and other sound effects of the TV be available thru this connectivity in the hifi? Hope no compromise in sound Q.

Dear LG WR man,

Can you share any calibrated settings for lg plasma PZ 550

Thnx!
1. Checked out the convertor - it's available on ebay and amazon. Can the convertor be connected thru phono (ie both ends L/R ) with the hi-fi, in place of one end 3.5mm? The hi-fi has audio in (L/R) and the convertor also seems to have L/R option.

2. Will the 3D sound effects and other sound effects of the TV be available thru this connectivity in the hifi? Hope no compromise in sound Q.

1/ If both the hifi and the converter have the L/R option then it should be fine.

2/ In theory, 3D sound and effect such as 3D Sound Zooming capability should work fine with the home theater system. It works perfectly well with my setup though I use a different sound system, not the Sony hifi.

Update me if it works ok!

LG WRman Sherlock out

Dear LG WR man,

Can you share any calibrated settings for lg plasma PZ 550

Hey dillihifi,

There is currently no established standard for calibration setting for this model as each calibration needs to depend on a variety of factors in the individual home environment such as brightness, available lighting, viewing distance, etc. For the best possible setup, it is advised that you hire a professional TV calibration technician. However, if you don't want to spend more for this, I have a friend who has personally calibrated his own PZ550 and he used the setting for the PK550 with a little tweak here and there. I have seen his TV and the picture quality really is natural. You can check it that setting here: LG PK550 Series Calibration Settings at Plasma TV Buying Guide

The best way to go about doing this is to take these measurements as your starting point and adjust the numbers a bit to suit your personal home environment. Try it out for yourself and tell me how it goes! Good luck!

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Dear LGWR
please tell me the technologies of LG's "LED" and "LED PLUS" ?

Presently I have 42LE5500, edge led with local dimming. I am 100% satisfied with this TV. This soon will become my secondary TV. I propose to buy a 47" LG as my primary TV.

Which 47" models have full back led with local dimming?
Which 47" models have edge led with local dimming?

Please reply at the earliest, I want to buy at Diwali offer.

My favourite app is 'horoscope", this gives good general advice..i like to read it everyday just like a newspaper..really smart app of LG TV. Excellent!!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back