LG42LM6410 or Sony BRAVIA KDL40HX750 which one is better?

vpsreejith1

Hello,
I am trying to select one between LG 42LM6410 and Sony BRAVIA KDL40HX750...LG is 3000 RS costlier...price apart which one is better and considering price which one is better? more over LG comes with 4 passive 3d glasses and sony i guess no 3d glasses included...Please suggest me ,,,thanks in advance,,,

If it is 3D that you are mainly looking for then get LG. The glass is comfortable to use and easy on eyes. Sony 3D makes eye fatigue. I'm using 40HX750 and it is a great TV no doubt, but for 3D LG's passive technology is better. Sony comes with two glasses, but additional glasses are costly close to 3K for one. LG glasses is around 600/- only.

if 3d is the priority definitly lg other dan that in 2d picture quality sony is better, if u can wait for 2,3 months sony is going to replace hx750 with passive w802A series i was planning to buy brvia hx850 now am waiting for w900A series

Instead of recommending you the brand, I would just share my experience with my LM8600 till date..I did a month research across different forum sites and to my surprise max of the user suggested that you are looking for a 3D then LG should be your preferred choice and I ended up buying the LM8600..
The picture quality is just amazing and there isn't any flicker through the passive glasses..So What I would suggest you that If you are going for 3D, then LG should be ur perferred choice..

I think if you are looking for good 3D capability, atleast 46 inch should be the panel size, ideally 50 inch and more. Just have a demo and you'll know why I am saying this. BTW, more than 90% of time a TV will be used for 2D viewing rather than 3D.

I think if you are looking for good 3D capability, atleast 46 inch should be the panel size, ideally 50 inch and more. Just have a demo and you'll know why I am saying this. BTW, more than 90% of time a TV will be used for 2D viewing rather than 3D.

+1 to the above, it is for you to decide the ratio of watching HD/SD : 3D. Accordingly make a choice. PQ should be deciding factor more often than not.

Hello,
I am trying to select one between LG 42LM6410 and Sony BRAVIA KDL40HX750...LG is 3000 RS costlier...price apart which one is better and considering price which one is better? more over LG comes with 4 passive 3d glasses and sony i guess no 3d glasses included...Please suggest me ,,,thanks in advance,,,

For this comparison dont think Im getting biased for any of them but IMO LG LM6410 looks far better than Sony HX750. Just compare their designs here:

Sony HX750 http://compareindia.in.com/media/gallery/images/2012/may/kdl40hx750_1_151127384645.jpg
LG LM6410 http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/products/image/11362/angle/7/res/18/

Putting outlook aside and focusing on their technical specifications, then first I want to ask are you more into 3d or 2d viewing? If 3d then nothing better than passive 3D these days just go for LM6410.

True. 40" is too small for 3D. Everything like trees, human beings, elephants look like miniature version. Since 3D is lifelike, a bigger screen will enhance the viewing experience. A 3D projector will be the best. But we all have budget constraints and for me the 40" 3D is OK for atleast now.

Guys what is the weight og lg42lm6410 after packing. Actually I'm telling one of my friends to get from Dubai so ticket weight allowance is 20kgs...

Pls tell me weight of tv after box packing .. also how much can the customs be settled for in Mumbai??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

For 3d lg tvs, I mean passive 3 d tvs and sony for 2d.pq... Samsung is also gppd, but sony is better... If u want to future proof urself for 3d viewing lg is vfm, but if u r inclined towards sony, wait for some more time as sony is planning to introduce passive 3 d tv in 2013, so u get both 2 d and 3d in one combo... ie sony.. I owm lg lm series tv 2012 model

Last edited:
Sony HX 750 is my choice. It gives almost same performance as hx850.
I feel this is value for money.

Even 50" is small for 3D - saying this from experience. For a real immerisve 3D experience, you really need a large screen - something like a projector.

for 3d enjoy get a projector...thats undebatable.
however in a tv..lg is passive so good for you..
imho 3d is not a priority...you wont use it after first week max.........

Guys what is the weight og lg42lm6410 after packing. Actually I'm telling one of my friends to get from Dubai so ticket weight allowance is 20kgs...

Pls tell me weight of tv after box packing .. also how much can the customs be settled for in Mumbai??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Weight (kg) with Stand 14.3kg
Weight (kg) without Stand 12.1kg

And i think the weight with pacakeging would be less than or equal to 20Kgs, not more than that!!!
Actually, i am also going for the 42LM6410 as my option & arranging for its Import from Dubai.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back