Linn axis with akito tonearm K9 cart stylus broken

tigerwag

Hello guys..
I purchased Linn axis TT with Akito tonearm and K9 cart preowned by a person in Mumbai.
While removing packing the stylus came off, actually broke.
In search of new stylus or cart.
Any suggestions? Do not want to spend much as recently have invested quite a good amount in Cadence combo.
I am Pune based.
Plz help guyz..

I understand that K9 is not manufactured any more. The Linn replacement for it may be Linn Adikt but it may be expensive. Audio Technica AT 95E could be a good alternative and it is not very expensive. At Amazon India it is available for INR 5,140. You can try Ebay also - may get a good deal. Wish you all the best.

If customs is what worries you from buying abroad, grabmore.in sells the AT95E for 3.5K

But if I were you, I'd buy just the stylus - the ATN95E costs about 2K shipped from ebay.com

In case you're wondering, the K9 is a an AT95E with (in some cases) a metal body & a nude stylus

later, if you feel like upgrading (the at95 might feel a bit insecure compared to the rest of the equipment) turntableneedles sells a jico Shibata stylus for it at 8K or so

Last edited:
Got one shure m 447 cartridge. It's old but hardly used.
Will replace k9. Any persons contact no in Pune who can do it?

I would suggest you talk to Omishra or PM him. He is one of the most knowledgeable and helpful members on the forum. He would definitely be able to help you.

I would suggest you talk to Omishra or PM him. He is one of the most knowledgeable and helpful members on the forum. He would definitely be able to help you.

It's really best to learn oneself if one wants to use turntable. It's not difficult at all, and there are good online resources and YouTube tutorials. There are some basics to be learned and a few cheap tools to fit a new cartridge, align it correctly, and balance it correctly. Of course one-time guidance from experienced Pune members like omishra, sann, etc, would be very helpful.

You have such a fine TT. I would strongly suggest you invest in a better cart. Shure M44-7 is an OK cart for basic TT's. It will not bring out the best of your TT.
I have a Thorens TD150 which is very similar to the Linn.

Hi TD150.
I am just entering in vinyl world. TT which I got is preowned . noticed that needle is broken. Must have happened durinf shifting it to my place or while removing packing . gentleman from whom I got TT himself has arranged this shure Cat without asking for a single Rs.
So as if now will use shure cat. Will upgrade in future. Invested huge sum 15days back in Cadence amp and speaker so don't want to spend much as if now. May be after 6 mnths or so will get better catrige.

the shibata stylus will beat anything else available at that price point, so I wouldn't bother buying a new cart. I'd keep the AT95 as the daily driver needle, and swap the shibata in for any special occassions/sessions.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back