Liquid cement / Polystyrene cement alternative in India for hobby model building

corElement

Does anyone know a brand that sells liquid Polystyrene cement for hobbyists or an alternative to liquid Polystyrene cement in India to work on a scale model?

I can't use feviquik or any Cyanoacrylate based super glue because it leaves a frosted white residue post drying.

Here is the model below, it's pretty small. Around 10x8" and joints are quite tiny. I thought about using a hot glue gun but it will be too messy.

I need something that bonds plastic without leaving residue or melting it beyond shape.

rinzr.jpg

GrLkO.jpg

Last edited:
Why din you buy the glue with the kit??? There are a couple of scale model kit sites in India, check 'em out.

You can use m-seal 2 part epoxy resin. I use the white one, and even a tiny
amount can form a strong joint, and if you do it carefully, it will not be visible.
Easy to work with and sets very strong.

Nice model, btw.

You can use m-seal 2 part epoxy resin. I use the white one, and even a tiny
amount can form a strong joint, and if you do it carefully, it will not be visible.
Easy to work with and sets very strong.

Nice model, btw.

Thanks for the info, I was looking into epoxy this morning itself. Any brand you suggest?

Yep, it's the 25th anniversary chrome plated scale model of the USS enterprise D from 1992. It was sitting in someones closet for 20 years untouched. Bought it off him. Still looks like brand new.

M-Seal is the brand name. Small pack is Rs 10/-, I think. Available at any hardware or plumbing store.
Looks like this -

1008_big.jpg

Araldite is another mixture(two liquid tubes which are to be mixed) that might serve the purpose. It is used for solid joints between materials like wood, metal, granite etc. But I think it melts at high temperature. It wont melt the plastic for sure.

Also you can inquire for similar mixtures at local hardware shop.

You can use m-seal 2 part epoxy resin. I use the white one, and even a tiny amount can form a strong joint, and if you do it carefully, it will not be visible. Easy to work with and sets very strong.

IMO M-Seal is a sealant and needs to put considerable quantity to make it stick. Moreover since it is plasticky, the two pieces need to be kept in place for some time to retain the shape else gravity ensures that both pieces droop down.

A quick setting epoxy bonding agent like 'Araldite' would be better IMO.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back