• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

List of 4k Projectors available in India

Neeraj0272

Hi all
My existing projector Panasonic AE4000 is at 1800 hours and it is showing "replace lamp". Although I am satisfied with the PQ but it is better that I prepare to replace this projector and so keep myself informed of all the models currently available.
I know that only Sony is currently manufacturing True 4k projectors but this is out of my budget. So I will have to accept the next best currently available with 4k enhancement or pixel shift etc. Also I think there are two different technologies available like DLP or LCD. My current projector is LCD so I have experience of LCD but none of DLP.
My room is 10ft x 11ft with a 96" Diagonal 16:9 screen projected.
So it would be great to have all the 4k models currently available in India as well as their dealers in Delhi. Also I have to buy an AVR with 5.1.4 Atmos capability so may be a dealer who can install both the items.

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

Amarendra

If you are happy with your projector just get a lamp from China and continue using it. I had an issue with my Epson EH TW 6100. After Epson quoted INR 20k as the replacement price, I got a duplicate lamp from China for INR 2k- Running for the past 3 months with a bright and sharp image :). Also things like HDR/ non HDR and 4k vs 1080p are difficult to observe in a PJ compared to a TV (just IMHO).

Amarendra

You can expect great HDR but not very noticeable/ observable as much as on TV. I had demoed a very premium 4k PJ (Epson 8300 with 4k and HDR). While the image was certainly excellent, it wasn't too different from watching a 1080 p non HDR image. The reason could be the distance between the viewer and the screen which is typically larger in a PJ set up than in a TV set up- for example in the demo room the viewing distance from the screen was about 30 feet. At home my viewing distance from the PJ screen (1080p) is 20 ft while the viewing distance from my 4k TV is about 10 feet.

Neeraj0272

If you are happy with your projector just get a lamp from China and continue using it. I had an issue with my Epson EH TW 6100. After Epson quoted INR 20k as the replacement price, I got a duplicate lamp from China for INR 2k- Running for the past 3 months with a bright and sharp image :). Also things like HDR/ non HDR and 4k vs 1080p are difficult to observe in a PJ compared to a TV (just IMHO).
To be frank I don't have the heart to make effort to replace all the components of my AV equipment. 4K upgrade will necessitate to change my htpc, avr, projector as well as probably hdmi cable(which is running across the room concealed.) Its not about the money but its about the hassle to get info on the latest equipment, Projector is the toughest one as native 4k projectors are very expensive as well shortage of 4k material.
My current projector is 8 years old and is currently running 2nd lamp. Besides the issue of lamp, there are some very light dust blobs which are visible only when using desktop of Windows on htpc, otherwise these dust blobs are not visible.
Can you give the link for China Lamp? How do you compare this china lamp with the original?

Amarendra

Depends on what lamp/ model and also whether full lamp with casing or just the bulb. Frankly I cant find any difference between the original Epson lamp and the replacement lamp. In fact the image looks slightly brighter and crisper with the replacement lamp (probably because the bulb is new).

Arjun4

Projector is the toughest one as native 4k projectors are very expensive as well shortage of 4k material.
Plenty of 4K content available in streaming services like Netflix & Amazon Prime and you don't need a Native 4K projector as consumer 4K is UHD 4K ( 3840 x 2160 ) but you will be forced to upgrade most of the devices, if you're planning upgrade to 4K projector.

SPONSORED ADS