List of best 5.1 speakers below 50k !

mav

Hello folks,

As I was researching online before I bought my HT setup I realized that three fourth of the demand for speakers is in the 5.1 category. Added to that is the delicate price issue. I found out that most of us end up making severe quality compromises in opting for the HTiB just because their price is in the range of 25k. Its quite saddening to see that most of us never get to experience what real HT experience can be just because we dont have too many options in the entry level price range. Its a bleak scenario and it seems there is no way out. Or is it? :)

I found out that if one does his research diligently and takes informed decisions then its possible to get a perfect setup without robbing the bank. In the course of my exploration I found some speakers which are world beaters and when paired with a suitable AVR they can knock the pants off any entry or mid level HTiB!

Here is a list of speakers that I would recommend. I would request fellow members to add to the list if they know of any worthy contenders.

Pioneer SP-PK21BS - Rs 33,000

Pioneer SP-PK51FS - Rs 43,000

Energy Take Classic - Rs 34,000

Harmon Kardon HKTS20 BQ - Rs 28,000

Infinity TSS-500 - Rs 26,000

Added with an entry level AVR like Yamaha 371 or Denon 1611 Its possible to get the HT for below 50 k. Lets help our fellow forum members in making the best decision.

deftech procinema 600 was around 45k till last month now its raised to 53k but its one of my favourites.

you can also add enegry micro its under 50k

and paradigm CT100 which is 53K (3k more)

Thats some nice addition to the list. I was wondering how much has the price increased lately for respective speakers? In case of the Pioneers that I bought the price has increased by around a thousand but might go up by a few thousands in the next month.
Also do you think the price hike is a short term step and the price would revert to the earlier levels?

Last year, during the Jun-Jul time, I was running around looking for a budget system (AVR & 5.1 ch speaker system) and auditioned quite a few. I finally settled for Tannoy HTS101, which probably is as good as any of the speakers (below 40k) available today.
I shared some of my experience and findings (including pricing) in this thread, may be useful/relevant to some members:
http://www.hifivision.com/home-thea...get-home-theater-system-see-your-options.html

hi Mav & Spirovious...

I'm new to this forum and have been reading u guys blogs from couple of weeks. I m in process of setting up my HT, with a mid range Receiver and decent speakers.

AV Receivers I scaled down to Yamaha V671 or Denon 1912 or Onkyo 609.
Im confused with the speaker set(5.1), as I have a space constrain.. well i have long rectangular hall but the view area is 12X14, so I'm assuming the Floor standing speakers would look cumbersome.. so want to go for bookshelf speakers...i have a budget of 50K for the speakers...

How about the Polk speakers TSi series.. checked some here in bangalore..

could you guys recommend few speakers set

thank you,
jeets

Hello jeetg !

We wdnt wanna limit the query to just spiro and me :) There are other members on this forum who are equally helpful.

Whats your music to movie ratio going to be like? If size is a big issue then Floorstanders can be ruled out however FS dont really clutter the space. You would be needing stands in case you go in for the Bookshelves so its more or less the same thing as using Floorstanders.

Polk Tsi series is a good option and if you go in for 2 pairs of Tsi 100, the Cs10 and the subwoofer then you can easily get them for under 50k. What was your impression when you auditioned these speakers?

My recommendation as always would be the Pioneer SP BS 21(in case of bookshelves) or the Pioneer Sp FS51 ( floorstander front) as they are the best solution in the budget range. You might say I am partial to them as I own them but they really are game changers. If you were in Bombay then I would have invited you for an audition at my place..

Moreover the AVRs you have shorlisted should ideally be paired with FS otherwise its an overkill. If you plan to buy Bookshelves then Yamaha 471,571 or Denon 1612 should suffice. Any particular reason for choosing those AVRs?

hi Mav,

OOps my wrong... :)
my movie to music ratio is 60:40,
I couldnt audition the Polk Audio book shelf speakers, but during my visit yo pro FX he played KEF floor speakers and POLK Audio FS, i liked the Floor speakers.. they sound gr8, but my only reason to buy the book shelf is size, im still ok for floor speakers with are like2 to 2.5 ft in ht and little slimmer in the width ..
Checked( dimensions) of SP FS51, ok with the Height .. but.. i guess width would be the prob be cos of my wood work.

for teh AVR's i m looking for the network, 3D, Zonal, features.. researchin found these 3 models.
BTW watz your opinion abt the Bose Acotimass 10 or 15 series are they.. worth the price??

thnk you

hey BTW Mav. thank you for the invitation for audition but Im from bangalore.. any idea where in bangalore i can audition the pioneer speakers....

Hello folks,

As I was researching online before I bought my HT setup I realized that three fourth of the demand for speakers is in the 5.1 category. Added to that is the delicate price issue. I found out that most of us end up making severe quality compromises in opting for the HTiB just because their price is in the range of 25k. Its quite saddening to see that most of us never get to experience what real HT experience can be just because we dont have too many options in the entry level price range. Its a bleak scenario and it seems there is no way out. Or is it? :)

I found out that if one does his research diligently and takes informed decisions then its possible to get a perfect setup without robbing the bank. In the course of my exploration I found some speakers which are world beaters and when paired with a suitable AVR they can knock the pants off any entry or mid level HTiB!

Here is a list of speakers that I would recommend. I would request fellow members to add to the list if they know of any worthy contenders.

Added with an entry level AVR like Yamaha 371 or Denon 1611 Its possible to get the HT for below 50 k. Lets help our fellow forum members in making the best decision.

There will be a demo of my custom build TL HT speakers in the HT Mumbai meet next month. You can check that out if it suits your taste. All speakers (including the sub will be compact TL).

Cheers,

Jbl SCS140 BK + AVR 134(harmon kardon)- 22.5k

Sounds great and is quite reasonably priced.

Hello folks,

Dr HSU Ventriloquist VT-12 6.1 patented system, is the king of budget systems. Will beat anything down at the price point. Challenge is getting from US.-Cheers

hi...

Experts, could you all please tell me this combi ..hw it would be .. for a 50:50 movies music and 13X13 room size.. ( hall) can fit in FS.....
AVR Onkyo 609 or Yamaha 671 ( Looking for networking)
Speakers: TSi 200
Center: CS20
Sub woofer: PSW 125
Surround: OWM 5

speakers coming up app 62K is this.. worth.. ????

please suggest..

thank you..
jeets.....

Back