Logitech harmony Remotes no longer in India?

shankarcams

I have been looking for Logitech Harmony Remotes, specifically 900. Not only does it seem to be unavailable in the usual places, Logitech staff advised me that it is not being supplied to India at the moment.

Can anybody confirm this or alternately suggest a source for the Harmony 900?

Thanks.

I have a Logitech Harmony 700 (brand new, unused), which I have as a back-up. If it is so difficult to find, I can sell it. It is more of a help than a sale actually. :)

if someone is interested, please PM me. :)

Logitech is changing most of it's models and is expected to release the new models sometime within the next 60 odd days. I guess we just have to wait. It is possible they are waiting for their stock of old models to get sold.

Cheers

Last edited:
am I the only one here who has used a LOgitech Harmony (the 535 in my case) and decided that individual remotes are better? I just never got into the groove of using the universal remote, nothing beats the flexibility of a whole bunch of remotes :)

am I the only one here who has used a LOgitech Harmony (the 535 in my case) and decided that individual remotes are better? I just never got into the groove of using the universal remote, nothing beats the flexibility of a whole bunch of remotes :)

I guess you have not optimally configured your Harmony remote.

At the moment I control 11 devices in my HT, and programmed 9 activities. Some of these activities have upto 6 devices turning on/ off and changing to required settings, sending out a series of commands, including sequences.

I simply cannot think of using individual remotes....I will make me go crazy :)

most of the 2 channel stuff doesn't have a remote. My amp and my pre do not have a remote option. CDP has it though.

Guys,

Planning to get a Harmony remote for HT, need your expert advice....Planning for Harmony one as i don't feel the need for RF and feel the need for custom sequence...what you think based on your experience ???

I'm not able get hold of one in Bangalore and US rates seems to be much cheaper than Indian rates. I checked in Amazon UK as well, costs as much as US with advantage of getting it in 2-3 days time (amazon claims)....

I am hoping the charging dock can take universal power supply and i don't need a step down transformer if i get it from US, please let me know....

Also will there be any issues in configuring Indian devices on Harmony one purchased in states or in UK? I have Tata Sky HD+ which would be a problem, but I think Harmony one can learn from Tata Sky's remote (read somewhere)....

Your advice is much appreciated...thanks in advance.....:signthankspin:

I am hoping the charging dock can take universal power supply and i don't need a step down transformer if i get it from US, please let me know....

The charging dock is universal and can take 110 to 240 volts and a frequency of 50 or 60Hz. Even if does not, you can always buy a local transformer that supplies the required DC voltage.

Also will there be any issues in configuring Indian devices on Harmony one purchased in states or in UK? I have Tata Sky HD+ which would be a problem, but I think Harmony one can learn from Tata Sky's remote (read somewhere)....

The Harmony One is a learning RC, you can simply point it at the other remote and it can learn the controls. In addition, using the PC based software, you can assign a set of action for a set of controls available with the Harmony One. BTW, I have already got a Harmony One working a Tata Sky STB.

Cheers

Guys,

Planning to get a Harmony remote for HT, need your expert advice....Planning for Harmony one as i don't feel the need for RF and feel the need for custom sequence...what you think based on your experience ???

I'm not able get hold of one in Bangalore and US rates seems to be much cheaper than Indian rates. I checked in Amazon UK as well, costs as much as US with advantage of getting it in 2-3 days time (amazon claims)....

Your advice is much appreciated...thanks in advance.....:signthankspin:

There will not be any problem in configuring Indian devices on Harmony one purchased in US/UK.

It has even Tata Sky HD+ in their database. It doesn't need learning, it is already learnt. :lol:

Please keep in mind that a forum member paid duty of Rs.1,456/- on Logitech Hamony 700. So, you may or may not need to pay custom duty.

http://www.hifivision.com/hot-deals...ch-cheaper-than-borderlinx-14.html#post228489

Guys, thanks a lot for the inputs, just wanted check if the charging dock for harmony one is a universal power unit....just wanted to know if i would need a stepup transformer if i get it from US....

Guys, thanks a lot for the inputs, just wanted check if the charging dock for harmony one is a universal power unit....just wanted to know if i would need a stepup transformer if i get it from US....

Yes, and as already mentioned by venkatcr, it accepts 110-220 volts.
I have bought one from US.

With Harmony 700 I got a 110-220v power adapter. Charging dock is only available with higher models.

Once more thing, I think ordering using ebay GEB is cheaper since customs duty in case of shiiping it via Aramex or other shipping services can be unpredictable.

Thanks to all for your inputs...just wanted to check how important is custom sequence is...i'm not a HT expert and not sure if i really need it....but on the other hand Harmony 900 seems to be very expensive and i feel RF capability will be very useful....still confused between Harmony one and 900...though my device list <5 i wanted a touch screen remote...900 is worth the price???

Between i came across this site where we can check the device list supported by harmony remotes...but guess the site has few bugs...

Logitech Harmony Member Web (members.HarmonyRemote.com)

Thanks again to all for your advice...

Back