Logitech SBT not responding to Remote

ukjeyaraj

Logitech Squeezebox Touch is not responding to any key press from the remote. How to find if the problem is with Remote or the SBT. If its with remote, is there any possibility of getting it repaired locally (at mumbai preferrably).

Alternately if there is any universal remote which can work with SBT, point me towards that.

If you have android phone or Iphone you can download its free remote application which works very well with wifi..Or alternatively you can buy any programmable universal remote and it will also work..I am using Logitech Harmony 650 & it works perfectly..There are many universal remotes available which can be programmed..
Your existing remote batteries might needs replacement or check its contacts,they may have been damaged by leaked cells..These are common problems and that can be repaired easily..

Last edited:
Thanks for the response. I am already using my Lumia 520 as remote. Like you have told, Android Phone also works well as remote.

I just wanted to fix the original remote. Battery already checked and changed. Wanted to know if there is any way to find if device or remote is having the problem. If existing remote could not be fixed, then I will look for universal remote.

Try to press the remote button and see the remote beam from mobile camera if you are able to see the light from mobile camera then remote is sending the signals...

Hi Jayraj have you been able to locate any remote repairer in Mumbai? I have a similar issue as now even my touch screen(top left hand corner) is not responding to physical touch.

I dont want to get it from any local repairer as this is apparently a vintage item now:)

Thanks.I have ordered one and am waiting for the delivery, will update once received

Thanks.I have ordered one and am waiting for the delivery, will update once received
It seems the remote cannot be shipped due to a chinese custom rule which disallows items with indbuit batteries.

I have no choice but to buy this explaination and keep hunting...

If you have android phone or Iphone you can download its free remote application which works very well with wifi..Or alternatively you can buy any programmable universal remote and it will also work..I am using Logitech Harmony 650 & it works perfectly..There are many universal remotes available which can be programmed..
Your existing remote batteries might needs replacement or check its contacts,they may have been damaged by leaked cells..These are common problems and that can be repaired easily..
Are you aware of any universal remote which work with this? Harmony 650 is around 6k on amazon india and not worth the cost

Update:

The Sure android IR app works flawlessly with the touch hence this resolves the issue.

Thanks to all who chipped on this

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back