Long HDMI cables

vicky11

Hi Friends ,

I am looking to buy a Projector (at present have Optoma ML550 in mind) in couple of months . But as I have civil work going on , was looking to have concealed wiring done for projector. So was looking to buy a HDMI wire to connect from my AVR Denon 2113 to projector (which may be ML550).

The direct distance between the projector and the AVR is around 12 Feet, but if I try and move the HDMI wire as concealed , I will need wire near about 40 Feet .

Now the question I was confused was will HDMI wire be able to work on this length ? I saw wire available till 50FT so no sure ? Will there be losses that it will not support 1080p , 1080i or 3D ahead ?

Can you please provide inputs for this one . I am looking to start my wiring in 2 3 days so all your thoughts are welcome.

Hey Zam ,

Thanks for the reply and info.

Understand that I will need a good quality for such long range . But the confusion I have is are good quality cables the one with High Priced ?

I got one option from US Monoprice : which is around 2400 Rs

50ft 24AWG CL2 Standard HDMI Cable - Black - Monoprice.com

Also found a cheaper option on Ebay India : 1900 Rs

20M Meter Hdmi 1 4V Version Cable Gold Plated Full HD LCD LED 3D TV DVD Blueray | eBay

Tried to check with a projector guy and he suggested a branded company of AudioQuest which its costing for 16,000Rs

So the quesition was will there be such huge difference in quality as there is in price ?

The monoprice cable is of 24 American Wire Gauge thickness....good enough to run upto 50 feet as suggested on the wiki link I posted.

I'm unable to find a similar spec for the ebay cable. Perhaps you can ask the seller?

In general, evaluate by specification rather than (primarily) by pricing.

Good luck.

Close your eyes and go for bluerigger!

I got one (2M) since the length was not sufficient for the cable which came with DTH box. To my surprise it is far better in physical construction and PQ, came in a very neat recycled box packing. It is as good as the audioquest pearl HDMI which I also have in PQ.

Price will surprise you. Amazon.in will deliver you next day with cash on delivery. Check pics of box and construction from the below listings.

BlueRigger High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet - CL3: Amazon.in: Electronics

Amazon.in: Buy BlueRigger High Speed HDMI Cable - 50 Feet - CL3 Rated for In-wall Installation - Supports 3D and Audio Return [Latest HDMI version] Online at Low Prices in India | BlueRigger Reviews & Ratings

If you are still undecided, read amazon.com reviews.
http://www.amazon.com/BlueRigger-Hi...TF8&qid=1408371799&sr=8-1&keywords=bluerigger

Last edited:
Hello Blasto ,

Thanks , that was indeed a shocker.

I think this may be it.

Did you use 50Ft one ?

Hello Blasto ,

Thanks , that was indeed a shocker.

I think this may be it.

Did you use 50Ft one ?

No I just order 2 meter ones. (6.6 ft).
50 ft ones are specially made to comply with in wall installation requirements. Never tried though.

I have a 35ft and 10ft bluerigger and I can't recommend it enough.
Works flawlessly for 3D.
I imported from amazon.com so it was a bit more expensive.
Good that it is now available locally.

Hey Santy ,

Thanks for your reply .

You have connected 35 + 10 in a stretch ? Can you share how and were are you using them ?

Thanks a ton ....

I am going for Bluerigger :) Will update all once I get the results too.

Thanks again .

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back