Looking for a Authorized Service / Repair Center for Boston Acoustics in India

nickneon

I am looking for a Service / Repair Center for Boston Acoustics in BANGALORE.

I had recently brought the Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1 home theater system earlier this year.

Its Brand New System, Everything was working fine, but then, the subwoofer suddenly stopped working a few days ago. It powers on as I can see the green / red light but there is no sound.

I am now looking for a service center in Bangalore. The only Authorized Boston Service Center I could locate in India is in Mumbai and they want me to ship the unit to Mumbai for repair.

Please Advice.
[/FONT]

Please need Help.. Boston Acoustics subwoofer not working.. In Hyderabad

Hi,
I recently brought Boston Acoustics Soundware xs 5.1 in January mid. My problem is sub woofer not working. I am getting green light and there is no sound from Sub woofer. Could you please suggest customer care in Hyderabad.

Thanks
Amar

Re: Please need Help.. Boston Acoustics subwoofer not working.. In Hyderabad

Hi,
I recently brought Boston Acoustics Soundware xs 5.1 in January mid. My problem is sub woofer not working. I am getting green light and there is no sound from Sub woofer. Could you please suggest customer care in Hyderabad.

Thanks
Amar

Amar, have you brought this from somewhere or bought it here in Hyd. There is one year warranty on this product. Below is the Indian distributors info:

MZ Audio Distributions India
Shop No.2, Kamal Apartment,
S.V. Road, Bandra West, Mumbai- 400 050.
Telephone: +91 22 67475236/ 26436091/ 26437391.
Fax: +91 22 67475289.
E-mail: [email protected]

I don't think they provide service here. You may have to send it to Mumbai.
Anyways, try contacting Mr. Akbar @09870287687

Cheers!

Re: Looking for a Authorized Service / Repair Center for Boston Acoustics in BANGALOR

Hi @nickneon

Were you able to get this sorted out? My XS 5.1 subwoofer also stopped responding and I am not sure what to do now. The green led still works but I get no sound.

Bought this from htstore.in (Lokesh, bangalore) and his support on this had been next to none. The stuff is barely two months old.

This is just outrageous. Shouldn't have got this BA XS thing, in the first place.

@amar.modem
Were you able to get this sorted out? My XS 5.1 subwoofer also stopped responding and I am not sure what to do now. The green led still works but I get no sound.

Bought this from htstore.in (Lokesh, bangalore) and his support on this had been next to none. The stuff is barely two months old.

Re: Looking for a Authorized Service / Repair Center for Boston Acoustics in BANGALOR

I think if HTStore.in is selling boston acoustics they should be knowing the authorized service centers too..right?

If this is the case with direct purchase from a dealer what would be the situation for online purchase..

Well I am from Gurgaon and to get this thing fixed, I need to send it to Mumbai and then pay again to get it back. This can take more than 2-3 weeks. I'd rather prefer some place closer. In fact I am also open to the option of getting this thing fixed locally.

Thought of updating the information for benefit of other users.

I got the subwoofer repaired by sending it over to Marantz Service Center in Mumbai. Apparently the Boston Acoustics has some kind of tie up with these Marantz people. More contact details can be pulled from here: Untitled Document

I had to pay the shipping for both ways but service was top notch. I had the stuff sent out on Monday and by the Saturday it was back to my place. Since the sub was in warranty, no charges had to be paid and the repair was done in less than 1000 bucks (paid for shipping).

Thought of updating the information for benefit of other users.

I got the subwoofer repaired by sending it over to Marantz Service Center in Mumbai. Apparently the Boston Acoustics has some kind of tie up with these Marantz people. More contact details can be pulled from here: Untitled Document

I had to pay the shipping for both ways but service was top notch. I had the stuff sent out on Monday and by the Saturday it was back to my place. Since the sub was in warranty, no charges had to be paid and the repair was done in less than 1000 bucks (paid for shipping).

BA, Marantz and denon belong to same parent company D&M, so they are same company, hence marantz itself is servicing it :)

I got these speakers(both 2.1 and 5.1 sets) at htstore(JP Nagar) in bangalore on May 2015 by dealer Lokesh. Few weeks after i hooked it up, the sub of the 2.1set refused to output sound and added to that i get this annoying buzzing sound from the sub of the 5.1set. I called up the dealer requiring repair of these products and he gave me a number directing to AHA Technologies in frazer town claiming it was an authorized service center. I went there to get it fixed which took about 10days under warranty. I was very frustrated with the quality of BA by this time. Added to that the mounts of the 2.1set were defective too requiring it to be replaced but haven't received it even after repeated calls and emails to the center which is too long from where i live(bizzare traffic to get there). A huge bummer is when the exact same problem(no sound from the 2.1sub and buzzing from 5.1sub) happened again within no more than a month after the repair. This is the condition of BA in India which is not the case elsewhere!! I'm hopeless that there is a permanent solution to this. Buyers be aware

I had the same problem with my Boston XS 5.1 subwoofer and fixed, details as below.

Problem : XS 5.1 subwoofer also stopped working , green led still works but no sound.

This subwoofer has got two power supplies inside it. One for the amplifier circuit and other one for signal/volume control etc circuit.
When you turn on the subwoofer you will hear two relay turn on sounds in few seconds interval. When its faulty with above behavior you will hear only one relay sound and no humming in speaker.

Observed the zenor diode in Powersupply to amplifier is gone bad. its 8.8v zenor diode. The input voltage(230v) fluctuation hits this diode badly as its in the main power area , Replacing this one fixed the problem. Along with that check the 36v capacitors next to it to see its not bulged.

I had the same problem with my Boston XS 5.1 subwoofer and fixed, details as below.

Problem : XS 5.1 subwoofer also stopped working , green led still works but no sound.

This subwoofer has got two power supplies inside it. One for the amplifier circuit and other one for signal/volume control etc circuit.
When you turn on the subwoofer you will hear two relay turn on sounds in few seconds interval. When its faulty with above behavior you will hear only one relay sound and no humming in speaker.

Observed the zenor diode in Powersupply to amplifier is gone bad. its 8.8v zenor diode. The input voltage(230v) fluctuation hits this diode badly as its in the main power area , Replacing this one fixed the problem. Along with that check the 36v capacitors next to it to see its not bulged.
Hi, I have the exact system of BA XS and my subwoofer has gone kaput recently. I suspect the same issue in my amp plate. If possible please share a pic of the exact diode than was replaced in your case!

Thanks in advance!

Hi, I have the exact system of BA XS and my subwoofer has gone kaput recently. I suspect the same issue in my amp plate. If possible please share a pic of the exact diode than was replaced in your case!

Thanks in advance!
Were you able to fix this problem?
Recently I’m also same problem, there is no sound from sub only green light is visible. And there is no knocking sound when I place my finger on one end of RCA cable when connected to sub.

I managed to open the sub and saw burned black area around the same ZD3.

Were you able to fix this problem?
Recently I’m also same problem, there is no sound from sub only green light is visible. And there is no knocking sound when I place my finger on one end of RCA cable when connected to sub.

I managed to open the sub and saw burned black area around the same ZD3.
The model is long dead so is the after sales support. The manufacturer no longer is supplying parts. At least, this is what I was told by the authorized service center. If you wish to use it, get an external amp to power the sub.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back