Looking for a budget 55 inch 4K TV

hrishi8587

I am looking for a good 55 inch 4k TV for my home theatre.
I use it mainly to watch movies on Amazon prime and occasionally connect to my desktop to play games.
I am not perticular about smart features or Android TV as I have fire stick.
I am going to connect this TV with my Marantz SR 5010 so 4K upscaling is not a problem.
My primary requirement is good picture quality.
I searched in forum and also went through some reviews and thought of VU pixel light but unfortunately it is out of stock.
So please give some suggestions. As far as possible I wouldnt prefer a Chinese brand
Thanks in advance

Also avoid IPS or A+ panels. Go for VA panels for better blacks and contrast for the cost of lower viewing angles.

There is a new brand called "Shinco" which is VideoTex brand. Surprisingly it has got good reviews for its DLED panel and upscaling capability. Check out reviews.

Here is the link:

PS: I am not related to the brand or reviewer in any way.

I had seen that review. The TV was listed on Amazon after the review was posted and there are no previous reviews. Shinco or its parent Daiwa is a no-name brand. The faceless and nameless reviewer (with a very good way of presenting) is praising it like anything saying that it is like QLED for Rs.30k-40k. There is something fishy going on there. I would not trust that review or brand.

Last edited:
There is a new brand called "Shinco" which is VideoTex brand. Surprisingly it has got good reviews for its DLED panel and upscaling capability. Check out reviews.

Here is the link:

PS: I am not related to the brand or reviewer in any way.
I also came across this brand and infact was very impressed with this review but there is no satisfactory reviews on Amazon so in dilemma

I had seen that review. The TV was listed on Amazon after the review was posted and there are no previous reviews. Shinco or its parent Daiwa is a no-name brand. The faceless and nameless reviewer (with a very good way of presenting) is praising it like anything saying that it is like QLED for Rs.30k-40k. There is something fishy going on there. I would not trust that review or brand.
This reviewer strongly pushed for Vu 55 inch 2017 model too while it was available. I would say she is accurate while suggesting good affordable TVs. She keeps saying shinco is as good as samsing QLED at 1/5 the price and she is probably correct. But I don't like Samsung's highly saturated colours. Shinco's PQ could also be similar then. So I would never buy shinco for that one factor alone. But ya it seems to be one heck of a package for those who don't mind saturated colours.

She was also recommending an LG model which happens to be an IPS panel. But a Samsung model is nearly priced with a VA panel which is much better. She was really wrong there.

She has a very good skill. She sounds very assuring and makes you want to trust her.

But she is without a name or a face and recommends products with affiliate links or tie-ups. I want to, but do not trust her. Selective recommendation may be just a good strategy to earn trust as no one would trust someone who recommends every product.

If anyone buys a Shinco or Daiwa TV, then maybe they can share their own review here and we can know for sure whether those products are junk or not compared to other branded Chinese products like Vu, TCL/iffalcon, Mi TV.

There are very few online reviews for their models compared to hundreds of reviews for the known brands which shows that nobody is buying them.

Well, every other person on YouTube or social media is nameless and faceless.

I bought Vivibright GP100 projector at 11K after going through her review and trust me she is bang on right with respect to her review. Really loved the projector.

May be wait for sometime till people buy this.

Well, every other person on YouTube or social media is nameless and faceless.

I wasn't referring to individual users but professional reviewers who do this job for a living and making money from it.

How did you get Vivibright GP100 for just 11k? Did you import it? From which website?

I wasn't referring to individual users but professional reviewers who do this job for a living and making money from it.

How did you get Vivibright GP100 for just 11k? Did you import it? From which website?

I got it from Banggood couple of months back.

It's available there for Rs.12k at present (Banggood.in).

Which shipping method did you use? Free direct mail or EMS Rs.720? And did you have to pay any taxes?

I trust her reviews coz ppl who made their purchase decisions based on her recommendations are happy. Yes there is personal bias in preferences (her preference to saturated Samsung displays over true to life Sony) but you can't fault her for being blatantly biased to any manufacturer. She has dissed xiaomi tv for being average in PQ and faulted raidex for bad after sales service. She is now all gaga over shinco coz it seems to hit the sweet spot in performance vs cost factor. Discounting personal bias, I find her reviews best among Indian original content.

I trust her reviews coz ppl who made their purchase decisions based on her recommendations are happy. Yes there is personal bias in preferences (her preference to saturated Samsung displays over true to life Sony) but you can't fault her for being blatantly biased to any manufacturer. She has dissed xiaomi tv for being average in PQ and faulted raidex for bad after sales service. She is now all gaga over shinco coz it seems to hit the sweet spot in performance vs cost factor. Discounting personal bias, I find her reviews best among Indian original content.
Hello members,

Even i agree with Windride. Trusting her reviews, i bought VU 55" pixelight HDR TV & MI Box. I am happy with both. She might be affiliated with specific brands but she has thrashed out some products in her videos after using them. This is why, i find her reviews to be honest & believe her.
Ignore my poor english skills.

And as per her linkedin profile she was with Times of India as chief copy editor prior to starting techiebeez and theindianobserver.com

https://in.linkedin.com/in/shahina-mulk-a8290720

Thanks for sharing it. So at least she is a real person.

Though I would still look for more reviews than placing blind faith on her recommendations due to her own individual preferences and tie-ups, as it should be done for anybody, even a top tech reviewer.

Some of the comments posted on her videos show a blind following by many people because of her presentation skills.

It is also important to note that her target audience is those who cannot afford the big brands and she is looking for cheaper alternatives for them. So someone who can afford the big brands will be severely disappointed (due to poor upscaling and motion) if they follow her blindly as there is no comparison which she has also mentioned.

She also does not seem to be against IPS (vs VA) which has poor blacks as she is against Edge LED (vs Direct LED). Cheaper models, even of big brands, will mostly have IPS panels.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back