• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Looking for a Good Amplifer

Marantz offers at HiFiMART.com

drkrack

Can spend around 3.5
You should look for Good Premium brands like Hegel, Luxman, Plinius, Accuphase, Gryphon, McIntosh , Pass Labs Int 25 etc..
You May get New ones in Hegel, Luxman and Plinius ; whereas you have to look for pre-owned ones in the other 4 brands, to suit your budget of 3.5L. Look for Amplifier Models churning at least 100wpc, ideally look for above 150wpc.

The advantages of getting premier brands is that, they usually go well with most of the Good Speaker brands, so the matching part is adequately covered. Also these brands move quickly in resale market as well. Yamaha AS series, Rega Aethos & Kinki Studio EX M1+ could be included in other VFM options.

EDM, and dance did you say :)

Naim should definitely be on your list to audition. They are known for their pace, rythm and timing. Look up on naim owner ship forums in the uk. And you will get an idea of their choice of speakers. The naim supernait integrated comes to mind.

Exposure from UK, also has a similar naim sound at a more wallet friendy price.

Rega also very good at rythm and timing. However, could sound a little on the leaner side compared with naim.

Last edited:

chiraghbir

Very interesting options guys

let me study about them .

But am not in a mood of buying a used amplifier had a very bad experience once.

Thankyou so much

You should look for Good Premium brands like Hegel, Luxman, Plinius, Accuphase, Gryphon, McIntosh , Pass Labs Int 25 etc..
You May get New ones in Hegel, Luxman and Plinius ; whereas you have to look for pre-owned ones in the other 4 brands, to suit your budget of 3.5L. Look for Amplifier Models churning at least 100wpc, ideally look for above 150wpc.

The advantages of getting premier brands is that, they usually go well with most of the Good Speaker brands, so the matching part is adequately covered. Also these brands move quickly in resale market as well. Yamaha AS series, Rega Aethos & Kinki Studio EX M1+ could be included in other VFM options.
I would go with hegel, plinius or gryphon from that list, if I were looking for what is a lively sound to my ears :)

oracle1974

Better to buy speakers as it is easier to buy a matching amp. It also leaves the option of buying a power amp later . Also some DACs come with volume control so the presssure to preamp reduces. Maybe later add a preamp.
My sequence for upgrading:

1. buy speakers
2. Add power amp ; use current integrated as a pre
3. Buy a good preamp or buy a high end DAC with volume control.

regards

johnmicheal

I am totally agree with drkrack,you have very good budget for used market for Integrated amplifier.Luxman 509/505 will be good choice.Accuphase E450,460 will come in your budget.Symphonic Line integrated also.

malvai

the above is a. spectacular amp at a great deal... I find that the TOTL Marantz are never written about, even though they are kind of in a similar league to the Accupahse and Luxman's of the world... they don't pay reviewers and they don't over charge, but take a look under the hood, and listen with an open mind... this amp is quite something...

RRR

That's right. This amp is equally good as a Accuphase and Luxman. You need to spend close to twice the amount to get a new entry level Luxman and Accuphase.

bloredude

I am totally agree with drkrack,you have very good budget for used market for Integrated amplifier.Luxman 509/505 will be good choice.Accuphase E450,460 will come in your budget.Symphonic Line integrated also.
Do you mean used Luxman 509/505 comes within 3.5 lacs? Or two lacs? And Accuphase E450/460 can come in the same budget as well?

I am very interested to know about any dealers selling them at such prices.

firearm12

Do you mean used Luxman 509/505 comes within 3.5 lacs? Or two lacs? And Accuphase E450/460 can come in the same budget as well?

I am very interested to know about any dealers selling them at such prices.

He means used market prices.