Looking for a good home theatre system under 30-40k

mithunboloor

Hi all,

I am planning to buy a good home theatre system under 30-40K range. i am based in Mangalore, India. I have a LG smart TV which has poor sound output. I am stuck with options like Home Theatre systems with Blu-Ray Players from Sony, Samsung and LG. Also I came across portable speakers comaptible with bluetooth play and HDMI as well. I am totally confused about which one to go for. I love music and movies.

Kindly suggest some one good options in Home theatre with BD players or portable speakers with players and even Hi-Fi too.

I want to get the best quality sound output for music and movies.

Thank you,
Mithun

Hi

Visit a Vijay Sales / Reliance Digital and see for the Yamaha YHT 199 / 299 which is entry level AVR + Speakers....Onkyo also makes similar stuff ...Pioneer too.

If you increase your budget, you can get better stuff, look out for combo deals on HiFi Mart....if budget is an issue and you are open to Pre owned stuff, look at the For Sale by owner section and Hi Fi ads...

Spending 40K on getting HTiB is not going to satisfy you. Good option is to increate your budget around 60K to at least look for decent sounding setup.
You can start with a decent AVR and front speakers first and then keep on adding additional components (center, rare & sub) as you go along.
"Taga Harmony TAV-506 V.2 Home Theatre Speaker System" (5 speakers) is priced @22.9K at hifimart. Front FS are 3-way, so you may start without a sub for time being as it contains low freq driver. need not to say that it cannot replace a sub but you can start with out a sub for sure and add it later.
you can get a decent AVR for approx. 45K (new) or less if fine with used one.
Speakers + AVR = Approx 65K (with new AVR), Approx 50-55K (with used AVR)

Hope this helps.

P.E. I have almost 10 months old AVR kept unused box packed in original packing with all accessories, as good as brand new in perfectly working conditions, I will PM you with details if interested.

A decent sound bar with sub is more than enough to improve your sound quality.For surround sound you can go for systems suggested by efernand1 & guddu478.

You can look at YHT 299/2910 , Denon X 500/510/520 ,Onkyo HTS 3500 ,Pioneer HTP 323 for your budget .Always make an audition and decide the system.
If you have higher budget you can prefer for AVR + speaker package combo.
If you are open for second hand products ,you can look out for owner sale section with lesser price.

It really boils down to priorities. I know several people who are more than happy with a Sony home theatre, lots who are so even with bluetooth speakers. For some the music is on the go only.
Yes, my friends and family do like the sound of my setups very much but many have other priorities and wouldn't want a dedicated setup for themselves.
So how good a sound are you looking for?
Do also remember it is very much a case of diminishing returns. Doubling your investment will not improve sound by anywhere near the same margin.
It would be best if you go to stores or friends and listen to systems at various price points and then decide what you want to do.
Once you go beyond the Vijay Sales and Reliance stores to professional demo rooms, the rooms will have proper acoustic treatment which plays a big role in sound quality.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back