Looking for a JBL L 300 in good condition

Looking for someone who owns a pair of JBL L300 Summit speakers in Delhi NCR . I guess they are unaffordable but would love to hear them if possible.

Last edited:
great,L300 is my dream speakers,reading a glowing reviews with nelson pass modified crossover/giskard modified crossover.
great possession.

just visit lancing heritage forum, you will get endless information with reviews

Kenji Hosoi makes some of the best restorations of JBL monitors that I have ever seen.
His company Kenrick Sound is one of the best in the business.

??????????KENRICK SOUND? - JBL????? 43XX???? ?? ???????????

Kenrick Sound makes impeccable restorations and reproductions of classic JBL designs such as the Paragon, the Harkness and the Hartsfelds. I used to hear of the craze for JBL monitors in Japan but only after I found Kenrick Sound's Youtube Channel that I fully understood the phenomenon. Highly recommended viewing not only for the phenomenal setups but also for a fascinating view of Japanes high end audio.

harkness-2-1.jpg

MrKamada.jpg

paragon-14-1a.jpg

Last edited:
Kenji Hosoi makes some of the best restorations of JBL monitors that I have ever seen.
His company Kenrick Sound is one of the best in the business.

??????????KENRICK SOUND? - JBL????? 43XX???? ?? ???????????

Kenrick Sound makes impeccable restorations and reproductions of classic JBL designs such as the Paragon, the Harkness and the Hartsfelds. I used to hear of the craze for JBL monitors in Japan but only after I found Kenrick Sound's Youtube Channel that I fully understood the phenomenon. Highly recommended viewing not only for the phenomenal setups but also for a fascinating view of Japanes high end audio.

harkness-2-1.jpg

MrKamada.jpg

paragon-14-1a.jpg

Dear Nikhil

I follow kenrick sound closely. I am in awe of the beauty and looks of the speakers he restores. I don't know in real how they sound.

I arranged a JBL L 300 for a friend of mine. Unfortunately, I could not afford to buy it. They are outstanding speakers. we are trying to restore it with the Nelson Pass cross over.

its a coincidence. yesterday i finished the nelson pass crossover.but for tweeter network i stick with paul mod from lancing form. its nothing but the oreginal tweeter section from n333 network.i dint kept the parallel resister. will do in couple of days. for pots i used some vintage yamaha pots from ns1000m crossover.all the set up completed. running.my jaw was on the floor when i first test the speakers. unbelievable sound. amazing dynamics.cabinet need to build. will start in couple of days. my trusty carpenter on visit to india and he will return after 20 days. will update complete build and process once everything completes.
i made crossover in two sections, one for bass and one board for mid and high.all are clarity caps and inductors are heavy 16awg air core inductors of solen make.
this was done for biamping prupose.

Last edited:
Johncarver sir where did you get the 4312? And how much did you pay?
I've heard the E model of the 4312 and they blew me away! I was getting a pair recently but they were too costly.

Can you tell me how they sound

Not too long ago, I heard the fabled L300.. Not only are their physical dimensions ginormous, they sound very 'Big'!

The sound has a 'wow' factor as it washes over the room. Very bass-ey sound and good clear heighs. They sounded like nothing I have heard before.. I perceived the mids to be a tiny bit lacking. I couldnt get over how 'large' they sounded being played off a 'tiny 100wpc' (i believe) Heathkit AR-15.

For regular listening, i think there are more enjoyable JBLs- L110 or L96 for their accuracy and the L100 Century for their 'pop' sound.
Perhaps what i stated above is a sacrilage and the L300 fans may want me punished for this blasphemy...But, this is just my take.

I must confess that the room setup was far far less than ideal. Threre were objects placed in front of one of the speakers even! That said, not being in a dedicated/purpose built music listening room, I think they sounded pretty wicked! They are very cool!

I brought them from a friend. Yes they are expensive. At e bay they regularly go at 600 dollars or more. What you get is one of the finest midrange reproduction anywhere combined with a tweeter which can split your hair. Yes they are old hence one needs to be careful running the 4312 b. I can only say that this is a very special speaker. It looks small but is almost 23 kgs. The reason is the very heavy magnets inside. If you find a good sample buy it.Listening to Diana Krall and Allison Krauss is pure heaven using my Onkyo Integra 8780 amp.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back