Looking for a projector sub INR 50K

rscl.mumbai

Hi,

I am looking for a sub 50k pojector for my room (12x12) for watching movies.

What kind of quality drop should I expect from a conference room projector like the typical EPSON - 2500 lumens, WSGA kind of projector ?

Pls recommend a few options.
I do have options to buy from US, Sg, Europe & but ofcourse India.

Looking for a reliable brand.

Thank you all in advance.

Best regards,
Sans

When you say you have the option of buying from the US etc, do you mean you have someone there who is coming to India & can carry it for you to India or do u mean that u just can import from these countries???

When you say you have the option of buying from the US etc, do you mean you have someone there who is coming to India & can carry it for you to India or do u mean that u just can import from these countries???

I mean I can have friends who can get it from US to India.
I prefer to order it online (if thats an option) and have the order delivered to my friend's residence. Then he can carry it to India with himself or otherwise.

If it has to be picked up from a store that too is possible, but less preferred.

Thank you.

If you can arrange it from US,, you can go in for Epson 8350 or Optoma HD20 from amazon.. well the former is a LCD based projector and latter is DLP type. Both have their pros and cons,,, and its a big dicsussion .. (check other threads for the LCD vs DLP information)... Epson 8350 is a little heavier to carry from US.. I guess abt 23 pounds and Optoma being 12 pounds... If you want to purchase from India, get Optoma HD67 in a budget of around 35k.

How about EPSON EB-W10 ?

What negatives should I expect with the Multimedia types projectors ?

My main aim is watch movies (laptop, dishtv) at home (10x12 bedroom).

Thx

How about EPSON EB-W10 ?

Thx

Woah where did you even read about the eb-w10??? Its a business projector & to boot its a discontinued model... Why would you even want to use a business projector for movies... You would want to buy Home theater model projector coz they are optimized for watching movies... The business projectors are more optimized to display documents & slideshows... Anyway you option if you buy from the US are Optoma HD20 for $829-899, Epson 8350 for $999-1100 or the Mitsubishi HC4000 for $999-1100... All have their pros & cons... HD20 is the cheapest... 8350 is the brightest & with the best balance of overall performance & features and for pure picture quality nothing beats the HC4000(It beats most of the under $1500 projectors)... Mind you these are the 1080p projectors... For 720p one you can get most for less than $600... If you can control the light in your room pick the HC4000... If you cant control the light then pick the epson 8350...

Woah where did you even read about the eb-w10??? Its a business projector & to boot its a discontinued model... Why would you even want to use a business projector for movies... You would want to buy Home theater model projector coz they are optimized for watching movies... The business projectors are more optimized to display documents & slideshows... Anyway you option if you buy from the US are Optoma HD20 for $829-899, Epson 8350 for $999-1100 or the Mitsubishi HC4000 for $999-1100... All have their pros & cons... HD20 is the cheapest... 8350 is the brightest & with the best balance of overall performance & features and for pure picture quality nothing beats the HC4000(It beats most of the under $1500 projectors)... Mind you these are the 1080p projectors... For 720p one you can get most for less than $600... If you can control the light in your room pick the HC4000... If you cant control the light then pick the epson 8350...

Thx Rajadeep. Excellent guidance, made my life so much simpler.
BTW, any place you can suggest in Mumbai to demo the projectors before I buy?

How about EPSON EB-W10 ?

Thx
This seems to be re-badged Epson 705HD. Its supposed to be a hybrid of business and home entertainment projectors. You can head over to Amazon reviews to learn its pros and cons.
I do have Epson 705HD. Though black-level and contrast could have been better, overall picture quality is acceptable.

If you want to purchase from India, get Optoma HD67 in a budget of around 35k.

op and rajadeep
Sorry to barge in. But is it available at Pooja at this rate? Is it with b&w? I remember getting at quote of around Rs.50k from optoma's national sales manager himself. But yes it was mrp that he quoted.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk

This seems to be re-badged Epson 705HD. Its supposed to be a hybrid of business and home entertainment projectors. You can head over to Amazon reviews to learn its pros and cons.
I do have Epson 705HD. Though black-level and contrast could have been better, overall picture quality is acceptable.
Actually EB-W10 does not seem to be the 705HD... The main reason I say this is coz 705HD is a 720p projector(1280x720) & EB-W10 is a WXGA projector(1280x800)...

op and rajadeep
Sorry to barge in. But is it available at Pooja at this rate? Is it with b&w? I remember getting at quote of around Rs.50k from optoma's national sales manager himself. But yes it was mrp that he quoted.

Santy I am not sure of the rates of 720p projectors here in India but I can find out about it.... The 35k rate was quoted by yahoo... Maybe he could tell us which shop he got this rate at...

Actually EB-W10 does not seem to be the 705HD... The main reason I say this is coz 705HD is a 720p projector(1280x720) & EB-W10 is a WXGA projector(1280x800)...
Sorry but Epson 705HD is indeed WXGA with 16:10 aspect ratio. There are small black bars in top and bottom while viewing 16:9 720p movies in it.
705HD and EB-W10 look exactly alike though there might be some difference in internal specs that I am not aware of.

Sorry rajadeep

I mistook the post.. may be Yahoo can let me know where hd67 was quoted at Rs. 35k. I may go for it. Coz I am afraid that I may spend the money reserved for hd66 planned to be bought through Amazon if I don't buy quickly. :)

Sorry rajadeep

I mistook the post.. may be Yahoo can let me know where hd67 was quoted at Rs. 35k. I may go for it. Coz I am afraid that I may spend the money reserved for hd66 planned to be bought through Amazon if I don't buy quickly. :)

Sorry but Epson 705HD is indeed WXGA with 16:10 aspect ratio. There are small black bars in top and bottom while viewing 16:9 720p movies in it.
705HD and EB-W10 look exactly alike though there might be some difference in internal specs that I am not aware of.

You are perfectly correct that 705HD is actually a WXGA projector... Most websites state it as a 720p projector(amazon,newegg even epson.com) thus my confusion... But still EB-W10 is a business projector while 705HD is a Home theater model... A lot of differences are there... 1st EB-W10 has a 2000:1 contrast while 705HD has a 3000:1 ratio... Also EB-W10 has lumen output of 2600 while in 705HD its 2500... There are many other internal diffrences mainly just to finetune them to their diff segments... Like 705HD is fine tuned for movies while the EB-W10 is designed for documents & such...

You are perfectly correct that 705HD is actually a WXGA projector... Most websites state it as a 720p projector(amazon,newegg even epson.com) thus my confusion... But still EB-W10 is a business projector while 705HD is a Home theater model... A lot of differences are there... 1st EB-W10 has a 2000:1 contrast while 705HD has a 3000:1 ratio... Also EB-W10 has lumen output of 2600 while in 705HD its 2500... There are many other internal diffrences mainly just to finetune them to their diff segments... Like 705HD is fine tuned for movies while the EB-W10 is designed for documents & such...
Thanks for pointing out the differences. Being owner of 705HD, I was curious about this.

Any idea where can I get a Optoma HD66 / HD 67 in Mumbai?

Borderlinx quotes a magical figure of about 36,000 (for HD66 @ 534 from amazon)!!! - I'm not sure about the customs procedure / octroi...

Sorry to bump this thread up!

Edit:
Newegg quotes 420$ for Acer H5360, if anyone is interested... (<30K through Borderlinx!)

Edit 2:
Amazon reduced price to 420$ for Acer H5360 too. Optoma is still 534$ though.

Last edited:
Any idea where can I get a Optoma HD66 / HD 67 in Mumbai?

Borderlinx quotes a magical figure of about 36,000 (for HD66 @ 534 from amazon)!!! - I'm not sure about the customs procedure / octroi...

Sorry to bump this thread up!

Edit:
Newegg quotes 420$ for Acer H5360, if anyone is interested... (<30K through Borderlinx!)

Edit 2:
Amazon reduced price to 420$ for Acer H5360 too. Optoma is still 534$ though.

Actually Amazon normally ships many products directly to India themselves (no need to use a service like Boderlinx)... They take care of the customs & all & just deliver it directly to ur doorstep... And their shipping is pretty fast too... BTW dont take the quote given by Boderlinx's calculator as final coz they have a volome based rate calculation not a simple weight based one... If u want to buy the H5360 from amazon directly the final rate is about $570 shipped to india including the import duties... A few FMs have a Acer H5360 & they are pretty happy with its performance...

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back