Looking for a stereo set up within 1 lakh budget!!!

RAJESH

Hi Friends,

I am looking for a pair of 3 way tower speakers with matching amplifier. It could be integrated or a pre / power amp too. However I am specific that it should be a 200 & above rms speakers & powerful amp. Could you please suggest any brands. Even indian brands I'm fine with. I looked at Norge, Telome,...are there any other indian brands you guys think I should look at? Thanks & looking forward for your response.

Regards
Rajesh

Well... the tower speaker should be able to handle 200 rms X 2 coming from a 400 watt rms amplifier. So each tower should have a handling capicity of 200 watts each
400W RMS??? Wow.... What and where are you planning to play this?

Well... the tower speaker should be able to handle 200 rms X 2 coming from a 400 watt rms amplifier. So each tower should have a handling capicity of 200 watts each

The reason I asked is, I am using a 5watt RMS per channel amplifier and my average listening volume is at around 35% attenuation. My listening area though is 10x10.

It is ok to have a high power amp and high power handling speakers, but since you have a 1 lakh budget, weigh in the power rating to get the best sound quality ar that budget. You can probably achieve the same is 50 to 70 watt RMS than getting a gear delivering 200 watts in the same price at high distortion levels.

The reason I asked is, I am using a 5watt RMS per channel amplifier and my average listening volume is at around 35% attenuation. My listening area though is 10x10.

It is ok to have a high power amp and high power handling speakers, but since you have a 1 lakh budget, weigh in the power rating to get the best sound quality ar that budget. You can probably achieve the same is 50 to 70 watt RMS than getting a gear delivering 200 watts in the same price at high distortion levels.
Are you using tube or Solid state amp ( 5watts). Hope your speakers are more sensitive (91db )

HI @RAJESH , Welcome to the forum. Watts aside, If you can give some more info on How big your room is, What kind of music you listen to, and what would your source be ( CD Player, Streaming from PC , attaching to TV etc. , it becomes quite helpful to give some recommendations.

I use Infinity RS425 bookshelf. I have 3 power amps and the one I use now is the Amp Camp.
The other two are both Adcoms...one is GFA-4302 (around 20 watts into 4 ohms) again a single ended Class A and the other is an upgraded version of GFA-535 mkii which is Class AB. (60 watts into 8 ohms)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back