Looking for Active Subwoofer for Sony MHC-GNZ88D

arnab.techcool

Hi,

I heard a lot about this forum.I joined this forum today . I am looking for an Active Subwoofer for my Sony MHC-GNZ88D Home Audio Component . Please suggest me some good Powered Subwoofers here....any help would be appreciated .

Welcome. What would your budget be? That always helps to suggest.

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using Tapatalk

@ arnad.techcool

Since this is a Sony Hifi system....not sure if it has a dedicated LFE or Sub out terminal....you may need to look at subwoofers which have High and Low level connectors..which is meant to facilitate connections from stereo amps etc....

Look at Taga SW10 or similar subs with High and low level speaker connectors.

If I remember correctly this Sony model has a dedicated Sub Pre Out. Have you tried a Sub with your Sony? If not borrow a sub from a neighbour and try it out. Setup the speakers and see how it sounds. That should give you an idea on the kind and size of sub you should be looking at. I would start experimenting with a basic 8" sub. The front speakers will run full range all the time so need to be careful while setting a crossover for the sub.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

GN88D have have Subwoofer out, so you can connect active Subwoofer. Make necessary system changes in setting. I had GN88D and had connected Sony active Subwoofer. Go for quality pre-owned Subwoofer from this forum or hi-fi ad instead of new from cheap brand. If budget is more than 20k , you may get good new as well as pre owned.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions . I contacted Sony,they told me to connect only Active Subwoofer with it since it has not pre-sub output. :indifferent14: My budget is low...10k and can anyone tell me if it will work with Sony's SA-D10s Subwoofer . So that I can get a subwoofer in pretty low price . :eek:hyeah:

Thank u guys

@rpmahale @MaSh @efernand1 @tuff
:clapping:

Yes that yamaha would be your best bet. Don't bother with that Sony d10 sub. Go for a proper sub which you could use in future too.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

Hi,

I heard a lot about this forum.I joined this forum today . I am looking for an Active Subwoofer for my Sony MHC-GNZ88D Home Audio Component . Please suggest me some good Powered Subwoofers here....any help would be appreciated .
It was the point made me to look into the hi-fi stuff as well as this forum and went out of the Sony showroom without purchasing it.
I was then straight to Yamaha show room for several times to demo and ended up investing in wharf9.1, sw150 with Denon 1610[emoji4] [emoji4]. You reminded me the past[emoji4] [emoji4] [emoji4].
Thanks to Denon working charm (8 years went just like that)

For your need, I have seen many Boston acoustics subs on olx in the past. You can try them. They are very good.

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

Thanks All.....I was able to contact him.

Now I have a question....that how can I make Bluetooth connectivity to my Sony MHC-GNZ88D . Can I use any bluetooth receiver with it ?

For budget Bluetooth Logitech seems fine. haven't used it myself so cant say much. So did you get the Yamaha sub?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back