• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted Looking for AV receiver with HDMI (preferably exchange)

Mogami Cables

yusuf

Looking for an AV receiver (5.1 will do) with HDMI, preferably exchange with my Yamaha 5960 7.1 receiver (no HDMI).

I am in Bangalore.

Thanks

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

MaSh

Have you checked OLX, there are a couple of 5.1 receivers on sale. I remember seeing a Denon 1713 if I remember correctly. However, I doubt anyone would be willing to exchange.

MaSh

dinesh1201

Have you checked OLX, there are a couple of 5.1 receivers on sale. I remember seeing a Denon 1713 if I remember correctly. However, I doubt anyone would be willing to exchange.

MaSh
You are right and Bangalore is a treasure of HiFi stuff :cool: ..I already have seen some of the excellent from vintage to new HiFi equipment on OLX for sale. I asked many of them for some of my need but the distance is far for them ship to Lucknow. @yusuf is from Bangalore and have great chance to get some neat Amp. I doubt on exchange too.

MaSh

You are right and Bangalore is a treasure of HiFi stuff :cool: ..I already have seen some of the excellent from vintage to new HiFi equipment on OLX for sale. I asked many of them for some of my need but the distance is far for them ship to Lucknow. @yusuf is from Bangalore and have great chance to get some neat Amp. I doubt on exchange too.

Yes thats true however, as they say grass is always greener on the other side. The service history and maintenance of most is very sketchy. Moreover with so many dealers on OLX, its not very easy to find a genuine deal. Some dealers have become good friends now.

Yes, options are galore. Touch wood I have been lucky so far, every component in my setup has been from OLX or the For Sale section on this forum. Just one pair of Elac B6 were bought new, rest everything else is Pre Worshiped in my setup.

MaSh

dinesh1201

That's nice to hear. I also started believing in pre worshipped stuff just like I recently got RTI a1 from Mumbai and over Olx. You are right, on Olx your luck and risk both play an equal role specially if you are getting something from different state.
So the best thing is to talk to them and you will get a little idea of the seller's genuineness.

MaSh

That's nice to hear. I also started believing in pre worshipped stuff just like I recently got RTI a1 from Mumbai and over Olx. You are right, on Olx your luck and risk both play an equal role specially if you are getting something from different state.
So the best thing is to talk to them and you will get a little idea of the seller's genuineness.

Yes thats right. I for one find it more exciting with a higher opportunity to learn while scavenging for old stuff and integrating it in the setup. Thank Fully I have now come to a stage where I am almost settled with most of the components. Although still on the look out for a Good Sub and a Center speaker, which are on the Nice to have list, not the Need to have.

MaSh

dinesh1201

Yes thats right. I for one find it more exciting with a higher opportunity to learn while scavenging for old stuff and integrating it in the setup. Thank Fully I have now come to a stage where I am almost settled with most of the components. Although still on the look out for a Good Sub and a Center speaker, which are on the Nice to have list, not the Need to have.

MaSh
That's nice. May I know what DAC are you using?

yusuf

Marantz built in or Chromecast.

Well if its just HDMI that you need, you can pick this receiver. Beyond HDMI it doesn't have much.

MaSh

True, that's what I noticed that it's quite a basic receiver with HDMI/BT.

MaSh

True, that's what I noticed that it's quite a basic receiver with HDMI/BT.

Yes, all modern receivers have HDMI. A basic Auto Setup is important to get you started. I personally prefer Audyssey, hence prefer to stick to Denon, Marantz, etc which use this Auto Setup Software. I would suggest a Denon X series receiver.

MaSh