• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Looking for dac for my ath m50x

mac4rfree

Hi guys,

I recently got my ath m50x which I use it with my PC. I am looking for something to enhance my audio experience.

I like to take baby steps in buying, so I may restrict mostly within 3000 rupees.

I thought of getting either FiiO D03K. But not sure whether it will work when I connect m50x to D03k. My mobo have a optical output.

Can somebody help me and guide me as am very new to all this.

Cheers!!!!!

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

alclik

3K INR is a bit limited for even an entry level DAC.
I am not sure how Fiio D03K performs with headphones as most people just use it to convert optical or coaxial digital output to analog. If I am right, it can't be used as an USB DAC, if you want to use it with a laptop sometime you are out of luck. Also, because they are supposed to be used with amp - they may not have enough power to run large headphones.

FiiO K1 might be an option for you - it sells on Amazon.in for 3500/- or 3150/- during sale.

If you can stretch your budget a bit - get FiiO E10K for around 5500/- it's a bit old but still very good and powerful enough to run large headphones. You can get them for less then 5K during sale.

Last option: you can buy some quite decent headphone dac/amp for around 3K in Aliexpress, Bangood etc but you might have to pay 30% extra as import duty.

SPONSORED ADS