• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted Looking for Dynaudio mid/bass driver esotec MW162

Wharfedale Diamond 11.1 & 11.2 Speakers

niftianmadhur

Hi, I am looking for one Dynaudio esotec MW162 driver for my Focus 220 speakers. Let me know if someone is having a spare and willing to let go. I can also buy it in USA and get it by a relative who is coming from there. If someone can guide me to asuitable website selling Dynaudio, it will be great. Even a store selling the driver in Chicago will do. Please help..

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

jai1611

Best to write to Dynaudio directly. They will help procure the part. I had gotten a pair of replacement tweeters from them a few years back. They sent them through the distributor at a reasonable cost

niftianmadhur

Best to write to Dynaudio directly. They will help procure the part. I had gotten a pair of replacement tweeters from them a few years back. They sent them through the distributor at a reasonable cost
Thanks Jai, can u provide a mail id, it would be great. I tried mailing them through their website but did not get a reply back. I might have mailed on the wrong id. Please help if u can. Thanks..

rsjaurr

Try car audio classified section of diymobileaudio.com. You can find a used pair at the price of one driver. Sometime you have to wait for some time but every now now and then dynaudio drivers keep popping out.
You have to pay few $$ to join classified section to post but you can also join for free and just pm the seller like I do.

Last edited:

niftianmadhur

Also, I am not able to find what is the model number I should look for. MW 162 looks like the driver which I require but I didnt find any info to make sure this is the one I need.

vikas pathak

Also, I am not able to find what is the model number I should look for. MW 162 looks like the driver which I require but I didnt find any info to make sure this is the one I need.
MW 162 escotec & 650 esotar are model of Car Audio Midbass so I think home audio driver should be little different spec wise. As focus used to be high end model.

niftianmadhur

MW 162 escotec & 650 esotar are model of Car Audio Midbass so I think home audio driver should be little different spec wise. As focus used to be high end model.
That's what I also read but I didn't find any info about which driver is used in Focus 220

niftianmadhur

Still could not get the dynaudio driver. Please let me know if someone has it. Also, please let me know if someone is interested to sell any dynaudio focus series bookshelf or tower speaker. Thanks

AmK

Hi, I went through a similar experience a couple of times. Once for a woofer on a Contour S3.4 and the second time for the tweeter array on a Confidence Center.

In the first case, I went through the seller in Germany (I bought the speaker used from https://www.audio-markt.de/, which as a side-note, is a great market place). He had good relations with his Dynaudio dealer. They asked me to ship the old damaged woofer back to them, and then sent a replacement.

In the second case I wrote to Dynaudio directly on the inquiry form (support section of their website). I got an email reply from support@dynaudio.zendesk.com within a few days.

Based on the photos I sent them and the serial number, they agreed for a free replacement (as the speaker was under warranty). No requirement for the damaged parts to be sent back to them.I found this quite amazing, as I had bought the speaker as used/demo piece from a dealer in the U.S. (via Audiogon)

The India importer was kept in cc throughout the whole process.

Lead time was quite long (few months) (as they had to manufacture the tweeters).

The real problem was in shipping. The package arrived at India customs, but was sent back to Denmark (some communication issue between Dynaudio and the India importer). Finally, I got them to ship the package to my Air BnB in Italy (was there on holiday last year).

--------

Hope this helps. Maybe things are slow right now due to the current situation. But I would suggest the best way to do this is to contact Dynaudio through the customer support section of their website (https://dynaudio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new). Make sure to mention the serial number of your speaker, and to attach photos of the drivers.