Looking for good 5.1 speakers

Subbiya

Hi,

I have Onkyo TX-NR828, I just brought this receiver from dubai for around 34k and I'm looking for good 5.1 speakers.

Power Output:215 W/Ch @6 Ohms.

One of my friend told to go with wharfedale 10.7 but I have no idea about it.

My budget is 1L, can stretch for another 20-25k if required, but I required good sound. My room size is 15* 20.

Mostly I listen to Music, (Music 60% & Movies: 40%)

Please suggest me some good speakers & where I can buy it in chennai/banglore. Thanks. :sos:

Hi,

I have Onkyo TX-NR828, I just brought this receiver from dubai for around 34k and I'm looking for good 5.1 speakers.

My budget is 1L, can stretch for another 20-25k if required, but I required good sound. My room size is 15* 20.

Please suggest me some good speakers & where I can buy it in chennai/banglore. Thanks. :sos:

Congrats..... Onkyo TX NR for 828 for 34K is something magical. In India it retails around ~ 90K. Hope there was no typo :eek:hyeah:.....

Wharfedale are fine speakers. Please audition them....Some brands that you can consider for your budget..

Polk Audio/KEF - ProFx, Mount Road.
Dali - Vipul Audio, Kilpauk Cemetery
PSB, B & W - Decibel, Cenatoph road
Paradigm/Wharfedale - Grand Cinema, Kodambakkam.....

Hi Chennai FM, plz add info if i had missed any brand/dealer info...

Hi,

Dear friend if you don't mind can you please share the details where to purchase av receiver for low rate in dubai.one of my relatives from dubai is willing to purchase and carry for me to india next month but he doesn't know where to buy.so please. thanks in advance..

Last edited:
Yes, you will get these receivers in abu dhabi lulu, supermarket & in emax.

Onkyo TX-NR626 - 1699 AED- Receiver is not sold separately, it comes with jamo 5.1 package, but if you ask they may sell this but you need to bargain.

In emax, the same receiver is sold for 1999 AED, but when I went there to buy this receiver they told they can give me for 1899. again you need to bargain or purchase as a package you will get this one in good rate.

Onkyo TX-NR828 - actual rate is 2499, but I got this one with 4% off + 200 AED voucher . Also before buying this receiver, I just confirmed the price in chennai onkyo showroom and they told it was 92K.

Yes, you will get these receivers in abu dhabi lulu, supermarket & in emax.

Onkyo TX-NR626 - 1699 AED- Receiver is not sold separately, it comes with jamo 5.1 package, but if you ask they may sell this but you need to bargain.

In emax, the same receiver is sold for 1999 AED, but when I went there to buy this receiver they told they can give me for 1899. again you need to bargain or purchase as a package you will get this one in good rate.

Onkyo TX-NR828 - actual rate is 2499, but I got this one with 4% off + 200 AED voucher . Also before buying this receiver, I just confirmed the price in chennai onkyo showroom and they told it was 92K.

One of my friend got the Onkyo TX NR 626 for 28K from Dubai... for 6K more you got the 828... Fabulous :D

Even if you were to bargain in India, you might get that for 85K odd...But that is still 150% markup price :mad:

An other Ex : One of my friend had been to the UK, i suggested him Denon X 4000 which was retailing for 600 Pounds Approx 60K there....But here the same Denon X4000 is sold for 110K.....:rolleyes:

I visited thomsun electronics here in abu dhabi.

Polk TSX550T - 38400 Pair
RTi A7 - 41920 Pair
Yamaha NS-555 - 38000 Pair

for which one should I go. ?

Last edited:

RTi A7 - 41920 Pair

Of the three mentioned, you can go for Polk.. The TSX 550T looks very huge & each tower weighs approx 25 ~ 30 Kgs... Are you planning to get them to India ?

RTi A7 - 41920 Pair

You're planning to get them to India or use them in Dubai ?

Not decided whether to buy from dubai or chennai. What about diamond 9.5 the salesman told that 9.5 is only 12000/pair. I actually don't what to go for it but just to make sure whether the deal is good. May be if I got good price for polk tsx550t, then planned to bring it through cargo.

Not decided whether to buy from dubai or chennai. What about diamond 9.5 the salesman told that 9.5 is only 12000/pair. I actually don't what to go for it but just to make sure whether the deal is good. May be if I got good price for polk tsx550t, then planned to bring it through cargo.

Prices in Dubai are really compelling for bigger speakers.... Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 for 12K is damn cheap & they are one of the finest speakers... If you can get the entire Diamond 9.x series for you HT along with 9.5, would be really good... Worth even the sipping cost to India....

From my experience "Many speakers" are more important than "Bigger speakers" for an immersive HT experience....

Yes, I agree but I need to pay for each kg, that's y I'm planning to reduce the shipping cost.

Another deal is polk rti a7 41600 /pair. I'm little confused with rti a7 /tsx550t. the problem is both the speakers will take one week, I cannot listen to them now . which one you will suggest me. ?

Yes, I agree but I need to pay for each kg, that's y I'm planning to reduce the shipping cost.

Another deal is polk rti a7 41600 /pair. I'm little confused with rti a7 /tsx550t. the problem is both the speakers will take one week, I cannot listen to them now . which one you will suggest me. ?

Please check if they have Diamond 9.x center & surround models.....

Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 at 12K Vs Polk at 40K is a fantastic deal...Each FS will weigh anywhere between 20 ~ 30Kgs in the packaging box...

How much would you need to pay for each Kg?

Is Polk TSX550t is good one. can I go for that. it cost around 38k + 8k for shipping.

Also consider the duty that you will need to pay here.... I think the current limit is upto 35K in India...If you bring along both the AVR & the speakers, you AVR might exclude the duty.... But you may have to pay the duty for speakers...

with Onkyo AVR, wharfs might work better than polk.........keeping sound signature in mind. Generally you want to pair brighter AVRs with warmer speakers. However, best would be to demo and decide.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back