Looking for high quality speakers for open/outdoor use

avaya

Im looking for a high quality set of PA speakers for use at my house and at football tailgates. I currently use a $250 Jawbone BIG Jambox (link)but am ready to upgrade to something with better clarity, slightly more volume, and more bass.

When tailgating the system will be powered by a Yamaha quiet 2000 watt generator. My main concern is high quality sound, not maximum dBa's, which seems to be the focus of many PA system specs and reviews.

Craigslist and ebay have been pretty dry in cities near me. Once a week or so new speakers get listed but have so far either had bad reviews or are very old with limited or no reviews available.

In terms of budget I'm hoping for speakers and stands for an all-in price around $2,000, but price is flexible. QSC and Peavey have quite a few PA models that would get me around this price, but they seem like overkill in wattage/dBa. As an example the QSC k10 and k12 both seem like significantly more volume than I need, but more importantly I can't tell what kind of sound quality I would get from them: link

Thanks for any advice. I feel really lost in this!

Last edited:
In terms of musical ability i would rate the qsc very highly... I have heard the K8s & they could easily give competition to some of the nicer mid lvl stereo systems out there... This is a huge compliment to a PA system... Their dsp especially is extremely nice... One thing that you could do is save a few bucks is order the components from qsc & assemble it urself... Should save u atleast a couple of hundred bucks... Anyway in the pa category as far as i have seen u would have to double ur budget to get anything significantly better than the qsc... Btw avsforum woukd be a btter place for u to get proper response to ur query...

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back