Looking for Powered Book Shelf Speakers

rajivaryan1984

Dear FM's,

Please recommend a good Powered Book Shelf Speaker with Good Bass to be used for Stereo Listening in the Living Room. Later I will be using it with my PC.
Sources will be CD Player, WXC-50

Dear FM's,

Please recommend a good Powered Book Shelf Speaker with Good Bass to be used for Stereo Listening in the Living Room. Later I will be using it with my PC.
Sources will be CD Player, WXC-50
I would recommend Tannoy Gold.

Yamaha HS8 has 8 inch woofers and goes down to 38Hz

These are pricier but quite neutral and image excellently. The cabinets are pretty unlike the Yamaha in case that is also a concern

If you plan to use them soon for near-field and really like very neutral revealing speakers you can also look at a pair of lower end Genelecs like the M30 or the 8030, 8040.

Other options of course are the usual suspects from KEF LSX, LS50W.

You will need to share more about what budget, what type of sound you enjoy, how big your living room is, etc.

Pricey but you should look at these. The passive versions have really good reviews and apparently measure well too (If you are into that). The actives are on paper supposed to be better.

Whats impressive is they are available in India for the listed price.

Thanks a lot everyone...Buchardt is definetly great speakers but way out of budget. How about Klipsch R51PM..Any thoughts ?

Thanks a lot everyone...Buchardt is definetly great speakers but way out of budget. How about Klipsch R51PM..Any thoughts ?

They will need a sub. IMO I agree with the assessment below, they are around the level of the JBL 305 and KRK with weaker bass. No where close to the Genelecs.

They will need a sub. IMO I agree with the assessment below, they are around the level of the JBL 305 and KRK with weaker bass. No where close to the Genelecs.

Thanks Vineet but I was not referring to KLIPSCH R15PM but R-51PM

Also enquired about KEF LSX but they are coming upto a lakh..Is it really worth that or do I have some better options upto 50-60K...

Check out the Yamaha hs8. They are considered good near field as well as good in a living room.

MaSh

Give the edifiers a chance, and you may be surprised.

I run the Edifier S1000DB and am very happy with the pair. Excellent stereo imaging and good mid range. But honestly Low end you're looking for, may require a sub out. So wouldnt recommend it for bass centric requirements

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back