• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Looking for Subwoofer

Wharfedale Diamond 11.1 & 11.2 Speakers

sylar

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to buy subwoofer for my setup .I currently have 2 Floor Standing speakers(Airmotiv T1) which sounds good but don't deliver much bass.My budget is around 50k and I have narrowed it down to SVS PB-1000.I am confused with 10 inch or 12 inch.Which driver will suit my requirement?

My requirement is for 50% music and 50% movies.Please suggest subwoofers for my setup.I am not aware of what all aspects to look for subwoofer and I am very new to HIFI world.

Also I would like to know how to match a subwoofer with Floor Standers.

AVR- Denon 3400

JayaRaa

Check BIC America PL200ii wrt to 50-50% requirement of yours, as I think it's only option near to budget of yours.

Upvote 0

elangoas

My budget is around 50k. I am confused with 10 inch or 12 inch.Which driver will suit my requirement?

12 inch subwoofer should be able to reach lower than a 10 inch sub..

AVR- Denon 3400

You don't have to match subwoofer with floorstander.. Audyssey XT32 in Denon x 3400 should take care of that..

Two subs are good in a room, than a single sub.. So in your max budget, choose any two subs as it helps for a smoother response in the room..

Upvote 0

sylar

Two subs are good in a room, than a single sub.. So in your max budget, choose any two subs as it helps for a smoother response in the room..

Right now I don't have space to put 2 subs in my living room.I will be moving to new house next year where I can have 2 subs.But till that time I need one good sub woofer which can deliver deep bass

I also want to buy 12 inch sub but SVS SB2000 is out of my budget

Upvote 0

JayaRaa

I have to audition them ,never came across with it.Are you using this sub?
I doubt there is any dealer of bic america in pune. Check with proaudiohome. Yes have used this sub, hence talking from experience.

Upvote 0

elangoas

Right now I don't have space to put 2 subs in my living room.I will be moving to new house next year where I can have 2 subs.But till that time I need one good sub woofer which can deliver deep bass

In that scenario, look at 12 inch subs from Taga TSW 200 (or) the earlier suggested BIC america PL 200 II, Emotiva Bas X12 should be in your budget..

Upvote 0

pks.k

Upvote 0

pks.k

Have a Rythmik LV12F within 52 K let me know.
Hence a new member I can’t post in for sale by owner thread.

Upvote 0

efernand1

I use the BIC America PL200 and i can confidently say that it does a good job for both movies and music....the 12 inch driver really produces the required lows.....excellent sub and worth what i spent for it.

Else.....make a quick trip to Mumbai and visit the dealers to audition the various subs you like, then take a call.....

Upvote 0

sylar

I use the BIC America PL200 and i can confidently say that it does a good job for both movies and music....the 12 inch driver really produces the required lows.....excellent sub and worth what i spent for it.

Else.....make a quick trip to Mumbai and visit the dealers to audition the various subs you like, then take a call.....
I can trust you for sure but just to be double sure I want to listen them first before buying.

I will try to audition all subwoofers available in Pune first and then go to Mumbai to have audition.Thanks for the heads up

Upvote 0

rpanand25

Hi Everyone,

You have Emotiva speakers and can go for Emotiva BASX X 10 or S 12 subwoofers. My S 10 is equally good for music and movies in 12 by15 room and is more than sufficient for the room size. In htstore.in S 10 is 35000 and S 12 46000. You can try local dealers for deals..

AVR- Denon 3400

Upvote 0