Looking for YHT 1840 equivalent in 2022

omkark

Hey folks, I am in market for a HiTB. I was looking at YHT 1840. But right now it is out of stock everywhere.
I have tight budget of 30-35k max. Can anyone recommend a good HITB?

Is it worth buying secondhand HITB (eg HTR 2067 + Denon Speakers only)?

Good to have - Dolby Atmos
Must have - eARC/ARC, DDP+, DTS Surround sound
Any leads to YHT 1840 would help too :D

Hey folks, I am in market for a HiTB. I was looking at YHT 1840. But right now it is out of stock everywhere.
I have tight budget of 30-35k max. Can anyone recommend a good HITB?

Is it worth buying secondhand HITB (eg HTR 2067 + Denon Speakers only)?

Good to have - Dolby Atmos
Must have - eARC/ARC, DDP+, DTS Surround sound
Any leads to YHT 1840 would help too :D
I’m surprised to see there’s still no real replacement for the YHT 1840! It was my first step to HT world! I’m surprised that I still get so many views on my unboxing video of YHT 1840 on YouTube. 🙃

Sadly the prices of HT has shot up to crazy levels now and 35k is difficult to work. You can probably look at Q acoustics HD20 for a simper setup.
If you are keen on stereo as well you can start with stereo and build your way upto HT. I would suggest picking a good stereo receiver and 2 bookshelf speakers which can later be used as surrounds when you are ready for an upgrade, preowned section keeps coming up with good ads.

Just found Marantz PM6006 ad in our preowned section, you can add some decent speakers to boot off (Mission LX-2 MKII maybe?), this should provide better sound quality than the YHT1840 I believe.

Last edited:
Since your budget is limited, I would not worry about Atmos for now. spend the 35K on a decent 5.1 Receiver. Maybe if you are lucky you can get a second hand one for half that price. Then slowly add speakers as and when you can afford it. I know this kills the thrill of having a full HT in the immediate future, but this slow and steady approach will last you decades - particularly good quality speakers which don't go bad that easily. You can upgrade to an Atmos receiver 5 years from now when hopefully it will be much more affordable. Dont chase the latest technologies. Stereo to 5.1 is a huge jump for movies. Next jump to Atmos is extremely incremental and if you primarily watch Indian movies - not even sure how much Atmos content is available.

I have the 1840 and its a decent package but cannot match a bespoke build over time

Since your budget is limited, I would not worry about Atmos for now. spend the 35K on a decent 5.1 Receiver. Maybe if you are lucky you can get a second hand one for half that price. Then slowly add speakers as and when you can afford it. I know this kills the thrill of having a full HT in the immediate future, but this slow and steady approach will last you decades - particularly good quality speakers which don't go bad that easily. You can upgrade to an Atmos receiver 5 years from now when hopefully it will be much more affordable. Dont chase the latest technologies. Stereo to 5.1 is a huge jump for movies. Next jump to Atmos is extremely incremental and if you primarily watch Indian movies - not even sure how much Atmos content is available.

I have the 1840 and its a decent package but cannot match a bespoke build over time
Fair enough.. Thank you :D
Yeah stereo to 5.1 will be a big jump for me personally. I have auditioned 5.1 in Croma and was blown off by the experience.
Will channel my research in this direction then. Atmos receiver scene is kinda wacky in India atm 😅

I’m surprised to see there’s still no real replacement for the YHT 1840! It was my first step to HT world! I’m surprised that I still get so many views on my unboxing video of YHT 1840 on YouTube. 🙃

Sadly the prices of HT has shot up to crazy levels now and 35k is difficult to work. You can probably look at Q acoustics HD20 for a simper setup.
If you are keen on stereo as well you can start with stereo and build your way upto HT. I would suggest picking a good stereo receiver and 2 bookshelf speakers which can later be used as surrounds when you are ready for an upgrade, preowned section keeps coming up with good ads.

Just found Marantz PM6006 ad in our preowned section, you can add some decent speakers to boot off (Mission LX-2 MKII maybe?), this should provide better sound quality than the YHT1840 I believe.
Firstly, thanks a lot for detailed answer, its a good suggestion but I wanted to hit the ground up with 5.1 system. I will look into these systems you mentioned. I mostly consume OTT content and blu ray movies.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back