looking to buy a cheap 40-50 inch LED TV

Which LED TV do You recommend

• Total voters

macho3215

Hello Friends,

First post here. I am looking to buy a 40-50 inch LED TV from relatively cheaper brands. Looking at Micromax, VU, Videocon etc. Need suggestions on which one to go for. Thanks in advance.

Whichever brand provides you maximum warranty...:licklips:

That looked like the logical thing to me but somewhere in this forum it was mentioned that warranties are only for manufacturing defects and become pretty much useless after an year. I have no first hand experience on warranty claims so can't be sure either ways.

That looked like the logical thing to me but somewhere in this forum it was mentioned that warranties are only for manufacturing defects and become pretty much useless after an year. I have no first hand experience on warranty claims so can't be sure either ways.

Most manufacturers provide std 1 yr warranty (where panel is covered).. However some provide extended warranty at additional cost for 2 yrs where it includes cover for panel...

Very few manufacturers give you a straight 3 yr warranty.. Until sometime back, i know Philips was providing...I think Sansui also provides 3 yrs warranty too... Juz double check them before you buy..

Beyond 3 yrs, it is sheer luck...

Called Philips showroom guys they confirmed that Philips Led tvs are manufactured by videocon. The Philips customer care confirmed that buying from authorized dealer will give 3 years warranty while buying online will get one year.

search noble television in snapdeal. looks promising but no idea about performance. you can get extended warranty for any tv from bajaj finserv i think. google for more info. thanks.

I was in the same boat when I lost my 47" LG LCD bought for 76K in the 4th year. I vouched never to spend more than 25-30K on an LCD/LED. Below thread discusses all..

http://www.hifivision.com/television/50591-my-lcd-died-any-plasma-40k-full-hd-available.html

Finally went for sansui 40" for 29500 with 3 years complete warranty. Did not go for Vu and the likes coz of the warranty only. In store only three brands were giving full 3 years warrenty, Videocon, Haier and Sansui. Rest all one year including samsung and LG.

I was in the same boat when I lost my 47" LG LCD bought for 76K in the 4th year. I vouched never to spend more than 25-30K on an LCD/LED. Below thread discusses all..

http://www.hifivision.com/television/50591-my-lcd-died-any-plasma-40k-full-hd-available.html

Finally went for sansui 40" for 29500 with 3 years complete warranty. Did not go for Vu and the likes coz of the warranty only. In store only three brands were giving full 3 years warrenty, Videocon, Haier and Sansui. Rest all one year including samsung and LG.
Thanks for the input.

I bought VU 50" LED TV in July and I am pretty much happy with it. I also bought additional 2 year warranty, so total warranty is 3 years now. Just in case if this helps..

Which model do you own and how much did you pay for it.

VU 50K160GP :yahoo: for 37.9k (minus 1.5K as there was some offer on FK).
I also have LG 32" LED TV in living room, and did not find any differences in clarity between the two. Totally happy with my purchase. I paid additional 4.8K for the 2 year warranty though for that peace of mind..:D

VU 50K160GP :yahoo: for 37.9k (minus 1.5K as there was some offer on FK).
I also have LG 32" LED TV in living room, and did not find any differences in clarity between the two. Totally happy with my purchase. I paid additional 4.8K for the 2 year warranty though for that peace of mind..:D

Have you used your Vu with desktop through HDMI?
How about PQ in fast moving movies, sports?
Was Vu service required if yes how helpful and prompt were they ?

I'm interested in this as well.
the three TVs that I have shortlisted are

noble-40kt40n01 (P.S. that snapdeal link has comparison with other TV and response times, direct vs edge led,etc)

micromax-40bfk60fhd Direct LED with 178 degree viewing angle

vu-40k16.

I do not need smart TV features since I have a chromecast (incidentally the two thousand rupee Chromecast kicks the butt of every known Smart TV!!). I'm not even interested in USB playing feature because of the Chromecast. I'm only interested in picture quality and after sales service.

Noble is claiming a huge after sales tv network. The reviews on the snapdeal link are full of people vouching for its service. Not sure about the other two.

Are there recommendations on which model + brand to go for ?

I'm interested in this as well.
the three TVs that I have shortlisted are

noble-40kt40n01 (P.S. that snapdeal link has comparison with other TV and response times, direct vs edge led,etc)

micromax-40bfk60fhd Direct LED with 178 degree viewing angle

vu-40k16.

I do not need smart TV features since I have a chromecast (incidentally the two thousand rupee Chromecast kicks the butt of every known Smart TV!!). I'm not even interested in USB playing feature because of the Chromecast. I'm only interested in picture quality and after sales service.

Noble is claiming a huge after sales tv network. The reviews on the snapdeal link are full of people vouching for its service. Not sure about the other two.

Are there recommendations on which model + brand to go for ?
The specs for noble tv look good but no mention of noble japan on the internet. Any one knows their website?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back