Looking to Upgrade my current Stereo- Help requested

madhujith

Hi All,

I'm not a very knowledgeable person, but love listening to good music and to certain extent tell the difference between good sound and not so good sound.

I currently own a Sonodyne HT in a box, which I don't want to touch till my new home gets ready in about an year's time, however I'm thinking of upgrading my current stereo set up which is as follows (all got in 2009 Jan):

* Marantz SR4021 Stereo Receiver
* Marantz CD Player 5001
* Tannoy Mercury Fusion 1 Book shelves
* Glass Standmounts

First I request you all to let me know what might be a good price to sell this at in today's market?

Coming to my current requirement, I've auditioned Wharfdale Diamond's (which I didn't like) and B&W 683 and CM8. Both my wife and me liked CM8, but the price is too high. We also like the B&W 683.

I auditioned them in a shop in B'lore with Marantz (7.1 channel amp) hooked to it, but still sounded way better than my current system.

Now my question is are there good options for lesser cost than B&W giving me almost the same sound quality?

Say in AE, EPOS, Monitor Audio, MS, Dali etc?

I was looking at a budget of around 2lacs for the 3 way floor standers+ pre amp+ power amp and CDP.

I know there is this interesting Rotel RCX 1500 which is around 1.1 lac which is like a good integrated system, though not sure how they sound ('cos the shop I went to these were hooked to a CM5)

The quote given to me for Rotel RCX 1500+ B&W 683 was 2.48 (includes VAT and all other taxes). Is this a reasonable price or on the expensive side for these products.

Request some help on this.

Thanks,
Madhu

I think 2lac is quite a tight budget with the pre/power requirements you have listed.

Nevertheless you can look at following integrated options

Creek Evo amp + CDP + EPOS M22i or EPOS 16i
Exposure 2010 S2 combo of CDP and AMP + EPOS or Monitor Audio Rx6 or Dali iKonMk2

or

All out QUAD combo of elite pre and power with floorstander minus CDP

or

syren + khartogo + candela preamplifier

thanks
venkat

with that budget listen to the monitor audio rx6 speakers. they cost around 75-80k if im not mistaken. if you want to go higher the usher be 718 is really good. arnd 1.25 lakhs. once you decide on speakers we can help you with an amp to match.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back