low Budget 5.1 Home theater advice Yamaha HTR-3072, PIONEER VSX 531, Marantz NR1508

ss.rakesh

The product page of IV300 has many features displayed but the product itself looks to be very old.
HT-RT40 support for Dolby digital and no mentions of DTS.
There are some more combos (DVD/BD) available with similar budget, but I will never use these so not interested.
Could not able to decide after checking reviews and configuration. Plz give your suggestions.

another approach is to go with cheap AVR bundle, not sure how this will match with above products.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best one is the last approach of yours or go with used AVR as old AVRs were built for life like.
First two sound thin even if they decide DTS.

Thanks, is there any other source than looking at olx or quicker? does the store sells them?

You may also consider Forum classifieds section.. If you are picking an used AVR, be sure to physically check it in members place and then decide on the purchase..

The product page of IV300 has many features displayed but the product itself looks to be very old.
HT-RT40 support for Dolby digital and no mentions of DTS.
There are some more combos (DVD/BD) available with similar budget, but I will never use these so not interested.
Could not able to decide after checking reviews and configuration. Plz give your suggestions.

another approach is to go with cheap AVR bundle, not sure how this will match with above products.

Go for Dolby digital plus , Dolby atoms ready AVR if you are buying new as it is future ready

Nice Options. I think I am also sailing the same boat. Apart from these, I have also shortlisted Denon 540 / 550 BT to have a comparison.Lets see.

Thanks a lot, I missed that. I think other differences mostly in wireless features or protocols support.
can I connect pre-out to any existing passive 2.0/2.1 tower speaker system?
Cheers. You can connect it to an active system or passive towers through an amp.

Yes they are good speakers too within limited budget. Have you already bought the receivers? How big is your space where you will put these to perform? My suggestion for you to plan out things in this order 1. AVR with more power (Denon avr x520 or 530, Yamaha rxv 483, Marantz 1508, pioneer vsx 531) 2. Get a diy 6ohm drivers locally or get pair of satellite speakers to begin with along with minimum 150 watts RmS subwoofer. If the budget is tight you could buy a pair of diy satellite speakers (within 4k) and invest the rest to buy solid subwoofer. If you're of the opinion that AVR is what makes the movies sound awesome then you're wrong. It is the powered / active subwoofer that does the trick so do not compromise on this. Just helping you out as there was no one to give these ideas when I was buying my first system. You can later plan to add other speakers to complete the set up as you save more money. In audio world you gotta pay more to hear better! :)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back