Low Output From Onkyo Receiver

TheGateKeeper

Hi guys, I am new to these forums so hello first of all.

I seem to have run into a problem with my Onkyo HT-S3800 5.1 surround system. Yesterday everything was working fine but today the sound output seems to be really low. Whereas before I would set it at 20 volume, I now need to set it at 50 just to hear the same amount.

I tried doing a factory reset, tried changing the wall socket, tried leaving it off for some time, and also changed the source but the problem still persists.

Do you think the receiver got damaged somehow? I am not very technically savvy when it comes to these things but is it possible that something went out and it lost some of its power? It is still under warranty.

Thanks a lot for your help guys.

If the receiver is under warranty, I would just hand it over for a check up to the authorised service centre.

I am not familiar with this model. If it has automatic room calibration, check those settings too.

Don't meddle too much with the receiver. You may end up causing more damage.

i am not familiar with onkyo, check if there is mute on or a vol control limit which has been set.

I seem to have run into a problem with my Onkyo HT-S3800 5.1 surround system. Yesterday everything was working fine but today the sound output seems to be really low. Whereas before I would set it at 20 volume, I now need to set it at 50 just to hear the same amount.

I tried doing a factory reset, tried changing the wall socket, tried leaving it off for some time, and also changed the source but the problem still persists.

Do you think the receiver got damaged somehow? I am not very technically savvy when it comes to these things but is it possible that something went out and it lost some of its power? It is still under warranty.

Hi,

Have you tried changing audio mode like stereo or extended stereo, if not them try and see if output levels change or not.
If nothings works out then you need to take it to service center. It could be volume potentiometer, MOSFETs, or any other technical problem.

Please check the speaker levels.. Sometimes this setting is lost..

If you have reset your AVR, then you will need to run the calibration again to get the speaker levels again..

Did you ever find out what happened as mine has done the same thing today and we cannot get it to work right

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back