Lowest price to import a Benq W1070

nautanki

This is my first day here on hifivision, I landed here while checking out a Pani ST50 review. After few comments, posts and this vdo benQ w1070 projector review demo hd - YouTube I got convinced to trade up to a PJ and found out Benq W1070 is a modest pick at a $1000(INRs.54000) range.

I found out that it sells at a exorbitantly high Rs.1lakh here in India and even without bill, I could get one at 88k from a vendor near SP Road in Bengaluru.

Can anyone with decent experience importing PJs(or similar electronics) suggest where I could get a better deal than US. Or if US is the best place to buy and have it imported.

PS - I am aware that international warranty is not available for imported PJs and I have a work around for that ready.

Hey man, I just imported a W1070 and an elitech screen...
US would be the cheapest place, I would recommend using viaaddress.com,
I have used their service to get my Onkyo AVR, the PJ, the screen and several other things.
since the projector isn't heavy you will have to pay for the volumetric weight instead of the physical weight, customs would be approx 30%,
Mine is working perfectly, over 150 hrs now. I have super happy with the purchase.

oh also try to get a universal projector mount along with the projector and don't forget the 3d glasses, I recommend monoprice DLP 3d glasses I got 4 of em and they work like a charm.

let me know if I can help in any other way

@uttam

The dimensional weight of the projector is a lot (27 lbs), I had to pay $200 for shipping...
It was shipped through fedex economy so it takes about 3-4 business days for it to reach to me in Jaipur.
Fedex does the custom clearance and then I paid 32% of $1000 which is $320.

so total I paid was 50000 (for PJ), 10000 (for shipping) 15000 (customs) = Rs. 75,000

I paid much lesser for shipping because I ordered other things along with the PJ..3d glasses, projector mount, a wrist watch, some headphones, a screen.. so after package consolidation I got a good deal. For things like this viaddress is better than borderlinx or ishopinternational etc

I have bought benq w1070 from usncix by ishopinternaitnonal . this is cost me 62k . usncix was selling 899$ weekend sale

Total all-inclusive cost of item for delivery to India based on current exchange ****rates will be:

Rs. 62,334

Item price, local shipping, taxes: Rs. 50,159

International Shipping: Rs. 3,080

Duty, Taxes, & Fees: Rs. 9,596

- DISCOUNT - Rs. 500

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOTAL Rs. 62,334
I have received from 6 days . ishopinternaitonaiol packed this product very well. Usncix is selling w1070 this time 949$

@uttam

The dimensional weight of the projector is a lot (27 lbs), I had to pay $200 for shipping...
It was shipped through fedex economy so it takes about 3-4 business days for it to reach to me in Jaipur.
Fedex does the custom clearance and then I paid 32% of $1000 which is $320.

so total I paid was 50000 (for PJ), 10000 (for shipping) 15000 (customs) = Rs. 75,000

I paid much lesser for shipping because I ordered other things along with the PJ..3d glasses, projector mount, a wrist watch, some headphones, a screen.. so after package consolidation I got a good deal. For things like this viaddress is better than borderlinx or ishopinternational etc

Hi! I have just bought W1070 in US,100$ less than Amazon (NEWEGG.com) ,somebody is carrying it for me.Let me know which 3D glasses you picked up is it Sansonic and at what price? what is your screen size

tks

Last edited:
i'm ashamed for not having followed up with your replies. kindly excuse.

Thanks a lot for you replies guys.

I've realized my usage of the term import was wrong and it was unintentional. By import, I actually meant having delivered through someone travelling to another country. I guess I didnt know how to frame that sentence when I started this thread.

So now is there anyone out there who knows if a unboxed projector can be carried in a hand bag while coming to India and if any duties would be applied on the same.

i'm ashamed for not having followed up with your replies. kindly excuse.

Thanks a lot for you replies guys.

I've realized my usage of the term import was wrong and it was unintentional. By import, I actually meant having delivered through someone travelling to another country. I guess I didnt know how to frame that sentence when I started this thread.

So now is there anyone out there who knows if a unboxed projector can be carried in a hand bag while coming to India and if any duties would be applied on the same.

Just upbox the item and declare it as used item and make sure that it is mentioned as personal usage while customs clearance.
I got my Nintendo WII same way without bothering customs.

Hi! I have just bought W1070 in US,100$ less than Amazon (NEWEGG.com) ,somebody is carrying it for me.Let me know which 3D glasses you picked up is it Sansonic and at what price? what is your screen size

tks
muks1224

How much was the custom duties ?

Was the projector brought in unboxed ?

Quick query to the folks who have purchased from the US.

I plan to buy one via Amazon.com and get it through someone.
Do i need to do anything explicit to ensure that I get International warranty , Or warranty that would be honored in India ?

Thanks
Fillmore.

Do i need to do anything explicit to ensure that I get International warranty , Or warranty that would be honored in India ?

Thanks
Fillmore.

No warranty for anything bought outside india, they will offer paid support. If anything happens, you either have to send back to US and get it rectified or pay and get Benq india to do it.

Thanks
Fillmore.

you can inquire benq service centre in banglore for international warrenty. so far i know benq india covers international warranty.

uttam

@uttam

It was shipped through fedex economy so it takes about 3-4 business days for it to reach to me in Jaipur...

I have bought benq w1070 from usncix by ishopinternaitnonal

@Jatinwg/@navdeep100,

Could you please let me know what does one need to do to get International Warranty ?

i.e. does BenQ India honor the warranty card that was given , or do we need to explicitly purchase international warranty ?

Thanks
Fillmore

I am also planning to get it from amazon.com, somebody will pick it up from usa.

My query is do we need a step-up transformer to run PJ here in India as here we have 220 V and in usa its 110 V.

Or does anybody know from where I can buy 220/110V dual power option PJ in usa.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back