M-audio or Behringer.

dhawald3

I am looking for a active studio monitor speaker for the purpose of music listening and making some electro music as a hobby.

I am getting confused on which pair to buy which fit my budget.

There is M audio
and there are Behringer speakers which have got some really great reviews but are also said to be some poor knockoffs of premium products.

does anyone have experience in this regard please help me.

85 views and no reply?? why??

is there any Indian forum for recording and studio equipment please let me know of it, that is where I should post this question to get a reply.

What's your budget? Without that its hard for people to give any suggestions...

I will recommend Genelec.... start with Genelec

They have more expensive models with DSP (costing upwards of Rs. 3 lac).

... please let me know of it, that is where I should post this question to get a reply.

There are quite a few threads about 2.0 and 2.1 speaker systems for use with computers. Whether or not you are actually going to use your actiev speakers for a computer music system, I think the information and recommendations in those threads will help you. I know I've read, and contributed to, threads about Audioengine and M-Audio a little while back

...And I just saw the page for the model with ribbon tweaters :)

(Don't know why they attract me: looking for better highs for my failing ears, I suppose)

These Behringers seem to have a very flexible setup for room compensation. Looks good.

Here's a Sound on Sound Magazine review of the B2030A which is not quite so glowing, though. It's from 2004; maybe it says something that this speaker range has been around almost a decade and is still surviving.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back