M-CR603+AsusZonarDG(optical out) vs PM6004+AsusZonarDG(RCA)

Kushanava

Room Size:12 *10 ( bedroom)

Speakers short listed :(under 30K)
KEF Q300
PSB Imagine B6 (not sure if nad will be a better combo)
MS Aviano 2
Epos M12.2

Source : Asus Zonar DG 5.1 (Stereo out or optical out)

Listening habits: Mainly Soft music (Classics , Hollywood & bollywood Movie music, Intrumentals ). Fatigue free listening (hate sharp highs)

I am planning to first buy the AMP and then use it to audition the speakers before the final buy .this mayn't be exactly the correct way , but i believe it would be difficult to compare different combinations as none of the dealers donot have all combinations of amp+speakers

I have chosen Marantz because after reading the reviews , I felt that they are "musical amps" and they pair well with most of the speakers.

Now the dilema is the Amp/st receiver budget is 30 to 35K max and the choices are.
M-CR603
PM6004

To me the features rating is
M-CR603+AsusZonarDG(optical out) > PM6004 (31 K) +Asus Zonar DG (5.1 stereo)

Suggestions needed
SQ differences between the two set ups considering
1.asus will be connected to CR603 with optical & to PM6004 with RCA
2.Considering the speakers that are listed above.

I am also ready to take up other combinations outside Marantz within my budget.

I own Asus Xonar DG. The RCA out is not good, at least to my ears. The optical out fed into my stand alone Purepiper DAC is far better and clear. I use Marantz Pm 6002. I have no experience with M CR603 but are you sure it accepts optical/coaxial inputs? please confirm that.
I would suggest that you go for Pm 6004 at present ( I am not in favour of all in one systems. Besides that, to give so many RMS watts in such a small footprint, the MCR603 may be using digital amplification which again is supposed to be inferior to class A/B amplification of Pm 6004) use RCA out with asus xonar DG. Later you think of adding a good USB DAC. There are good options like ODAC, Audioengine DAC, FiiO in USB DACs in <10k.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back