Mad Magazine

Hiten

Any Mad Magazine fans out there ?
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...g-new-content-will-no-longer-be-on-newsstands
I used to collect those when I was in Jr. College. Had them in 100s. Annuals, paperbacks and all. Ofcourse second hand. If I remember there used to be a magazine seller in Bandra who used to keep them. Fort area also.
Absolutely Silly, Smart, Hilariously funny, Nonsensical, sometimes crass humor. Great cartoonists. Some Legendary Artists. Well they are shutting off :(. My snobbish friends used to dislike it. But who cares in those days:p:D. Later issues (90s) were not good though.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Any Mad Magazine fans out there ?
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...g-new-content-will-no-longer-be-on-newsstands
I used to collect those when I was in Jr. College. Had them in 100s. Annuals, paperbacks and all. Ofcourse second hand. If I remember there used to be a magazine seller in Bandra who used to keep them. Fort area also.
Absolutely Silly, Smart, Hilariously funny, Nonsensical, sometimes crass humor. Great cartoonists. Some Legendary Artists. Well they are shutting off :(. My snobbish friends used to dislike it. But who cares in those days:p:D. Later issues (90s) were not good though.

Regards
I still have some, mostly collections like 'Don Martin', Spy vs. Spy, 'One day at the ...', etc. I loved them then, and I love them now.

"What Me Worry"

Alfred E Neuman, Don Martin, Spy vs Spy, Al Jaffee and the Mad Magazine Folding Back cover were my favourites.
Sorry to see them go but their quality had dropped off from their heyday IMO.

RIP!!
It was coming for a while now, I guess.
Still love Don Martin. Picked up collectors edition at dirt price a couple of years ago.
The guys at MAD were one of the first to take memes to a truly bizarre level.
Cheers,
Raghu

FiftyFifty, Prem, Nikhil, Raghu comforting to know that I am not alone :D
Even William Gains Q & A pages were funny. Good old days
Best regards.

Sharing some good ones for old time sake!

37440ce89af164301766ed44a3a5fc39.jpg

FiftyFifty, Prem, Nikhil, Raghu comforting to know that I am not alone :D
Even William Gains Q & A pages were funny. Good old days
Best regards.

Hiten, I took the liberty of editing the subject of your post.
Let's enjoy sharing some good ones one here from MAD magazine.

haa haa. Don Martin is creativeintelligently funny.
thanks for sharing.

Awesome thread, Hiten! Though it’s sad to see the passing of a legendary publication. Still, as others have pointed out, their heydays were definitely over.
For me, Don Martin was their resident genius. His ‘sound effects’ were a class apart!
Picked this up from Blossoms many years ago. Worth every penny:
Complete Don Martin

FYI, one of DM’s most famous album covers:

Awesome thread, Hiten! Though it’s sad to see the passing of a legendary publication. Still, as others have pointed out, their heydays were definitely over.
For me, Don Martin was their resident genius. His ‘sound effects’ were a class apart!
Picked this up from Blossoms many years ago. Worth every penny:
Complete Don Martin

FYI, one of DM’s most famous album covers:

View attachment 36972
oh ! didn't knew he made album covers. I am a graphic designer. Also absolutely love artistic work of george woodbridge and antonio prohias. So many talented people ....

Last edited:
...sorry mixed up mort drucker with antonio. My memory is failing me.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back