• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

For Sale Magneplanar Speakers 3.7i. + Vander Grant-Mye Stands + Magneplanar Bass Panel Speaker

Join HiFiMART Telegram Channel for offers & deals
Status
Not open for further replies.

suresh lalwani

For Sale
Magneplanar Speakers 3.7i. + Vander Grant-Mye Stands + Magneplanar Bass Panel Speaker

1) Ownership : First Owner. Purchased brand new (3.7i), on 5th September 2015 from Audiovision India. They are the SOLE authorized importers.
2) Condition: 9/10. In perfect mint condition. Plays perfectly, not a mark/ding on any part of the speaker. Same condition as when I unboxed it.
Never opened, never repaired. All original packaging available.
3) Reason For Sale: Have used some 7 to 8 different models of Maggies since 1975 till today, I am now moving to Vivid speakers
4) Asking Price: Rs 6,00,000. Side panels were on special order which cost US$200 extra.
Included are 2 Audiophile grade fuses,
Also included are Vander Grant-Mye stands from Canada. This stand unquestionably takes the 3.7i to a new level.
Included in the price is the
Magneplanar Bass Management Panel DW-M Serial # 000570 which I am willing to sell separately.

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/how-many-maggie-owners-have-special-stands
www.myesound.com/

This is very important. Audiovision no longer stocks 3.7i, hence no in-house demos any longer. Purchases only on confirmed orders against advance money (I presume).
Their current price is Rs 7,60,000. This is due to its weight and dimensions and the US Dollar which is constantly rising. Feel free to check with them.

Here is some useful information on the stands. The bass slam and precise imaging is the handy work of the stands. Maggie user’s world over who have paired their Magneplanars with Mye stands will vouch for this. Incredible bass, must be heard to be believed.
Lots of pain taken in its setup. Don’t take my word for it. Research the net and be convinced for yourselves. And then come in for a demo.

I have been a long time member of this forum and had dealings with members”, “LOCOMOTIVE”, “MALVAI”"HEARME" dealings have gone well. All of them got goods exactly as specified and all the above three have become good friends of mine for as long as EIGHT years.

I am currently using the dCS Vivaldi DAC, Upsampler, & Clock and Jeff Rowland power amplifier. Sounds gorgeous.

Freight cost is exorbitant due to its weight and dimensions. The struts/speaker supports and base are heavy gauge/duty metal. The struts and base are stand filled. Extra sand bags placed on the speaker as well.

This is for sale from my door step. Out station buyers are also welcome to pick it up from home. Speakers will be sold only with the stands.

Please feel free to write me for high quality images.

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

Attachments

• IMG_9824.JPG
    IMG_9824.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 490
  • IMG_9931.JPG
    IMG_9931.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 499
  • IMG_9933.JPG
    IMG_9933.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 483
  • IMG_9130.JPG
    IMG_9130.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 469

suresh lalwani

BASS PANEL SOLD.
Magneplanar bass panel to a forum member.
A nice gentleman from New Bombay who paid the asking price of Rs 47500: Closed the deal after a physical check and a demo.
Handle name VKTarun was accompanied by Analogaddict (or is it analogadict).

Both the gentlemen are “analog” listeners with huge LP collections.
They were delighted by my digital system, hearing no traces of “harshness” or “edginess”
It was refreshing to meet them as they make their own speakers and tube amplifiers.
VKTarun was already speaking of tweaking the Maggie bass panel, saying “he could hear the bass, but his tweak would allow him to “feel” the bass.”
I have an advance invitation to see the outcome when it happens. Good Luck Gentlemen.

vktarun

What a nice person to deal with..........!

I am basically into analog format and was blown away with the digital setup what Mr. Lalwani demoed to us. Excellent !
All his equipment is in pristine condition , used in fully controlled AC environment [no effect of Humidity] and shining like showroom condition.

Great Hospitality ! great Setup! Great Music ! and overall a memorable evening with a seasoned Jazz lover. A lot to learn from him about Jazz.

Thanks !

suresh lalwani

Thank you Vipin for your very kind words.
So glad you enjoyed the system.
It took very very long to get the Maggies in position, to get "that" sound.
And after 42 years of association with Magnepan, we are parting ways.
Your words echo in my mind when you said its a wonderful sound "but is the change you are making for the better ??" And that was indeed a tribute to the sound at my home from two gentleman who in my view are experts of sorts. Very few of us on this forum or out of this forum can make their own amps & speakers. The short demo you gave on your cell phone of your systems at home blew me away.
My speakers new speakers have arrived. No, not at home, but awaiting collection. So I have added pressures to make way for them.
Please take this as an advance invitation to audition the new speakers.
I am dropping the price on the 3.7i.
Cheers , God Bless.

suresh lalwani

Price Revision.

The Magneplanar bass panel was sold for Rs 47500.

I have factored this in. Hence the new price should come down to 5.52500.

I am bringing this down further to Rs 500000. This includes the Vander Grant Mye stands.

As it always happens I get bulk of the inquiries from the rest of India.

I am offering free Air Fare to the buyer from any part of India. Regardless where he is coming from.

My suggestion to the buyer as follows. EITHER request a forum member from Bombay which should not be difficult, or a friend/relative of the buyer’s choice to come inspect and take a demonstration.

After being fully satisfied the buyer can fly take another demo. After this the buyer can deduct his Air Fare and pay the balance into my account or cash or a combination of both and take possession.

In USA Magneplanars are transported in their original cartons AS SOLD BY THE COMPANY. Even Audiovision India imports them in the original cartons and sells them the same way.
Having purchased about 4 sets of Maggies from Lyric in New York, I have myself carried them in the original cartons all the way to Mumbai, and they have survived, and survived well.

In case buyers are not comfortable and still want to crate them, I can suggest a crate maker who will build one on the spot. We can work this out in advance before the buyer leaves his city. But I accept no responsibility. This crate maker has made many crates in the past for me, for Maggie 1.6, Classe Power Amps and DVD Players. There is a special area where these crate makers have their shops.

This is interesting. Yesterday I found a 7 year Maggie 3.7i on Audiogon. Despite its age it still commands a price of US$3800 which is INR 266000. No stands included in this price. Please check it out.

Here is the link.
https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis92e77-magnepan-mg-3-7i-planars?refsource=hifishark

This will be the last Maggie coming from me.

The monies will have to be settled before the Maggies leave my home.

Status
Not open for further replies.