Mailing Of CD's Intercity- Guidance on this Topic

I have sent CDs through courier service like DTDC without any problem. You need to bubble wrap the CDs to avoid damage.

Single CD (or couple of CDs):
With cover - one layer of bubble wrap, another layer of card board and third layer of bubble wrap (or envelop with bubble wrap inside).
Without cover - CD pouch -> card board layers -> inside CD mailing envelop.

For multiple CDs:
With cover - Individually wrapped in news paper and stacked together
Without cover - Individually put into CD pouch and stacked together
Packing:
Above stack placed into box of slightly bigger size(cardboard or cheap plastic box).
  1. From all sides either apply 2 layers bubble wrap or fill news paper balls hand made by crushing newspaper. Please note if box falls on any corner/edge then impact should not reach to CDs. Also if box is poked inside then nothing should reach to inside easily.
  2. Cover the packing tape.
  3. Apply waterproof cover by using polythene bag and seal it.
  4. You can cover up this using any thick paper - optional.
  5. Paste address and drop to courier with proper declaration.

Last edited:
DTDC has always worked well for me. I have received a lot of couriers through Aramex and was impressed with their service. Both are slightly expensive but reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir,
could not catch u

is it a special cover that they send their cds in, and u use them once again

if thats the case what's so special about it,

in a consignment of 10 cds how many broken jewel boxes can you expect

thanks

Can you advise on the courier of choice.
Both DTDC and SpeedPost working fine for me. Only problem with EMS speedpost is that their final leg of chain (Postman) carries it on bicycle then it may be hooked to its carrier and edges/corners may be damaged.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back