marantz authorised service station chennai.

jacobjayakar

Dear Friends,
I have a marantz sr5001 av receiver. I bought it in sept 2008. It was working perfectly till a week back when it went into standby mode. Usually by pressing the enter button it used to come back to normal, now it is not. who are the authorised service station guys in chennai. The web site says refex pro but i saw on our forum that they dont have a good reputation any other choice is there or not. Is there anyone in pondicherry who can handle these things?
thanks

Don't know about Pondicherry but Chennai has a couple of knowledgeable repair guys. One Mr. Sayeed in Philips Arena (Opp Spencers) & one Mr. Tankachan in Power Electronics, Ritchie St. Tankachan does not undertake repairs himself unless the equipment is exotic; usually his deputies handle the repairs.

HI jacobjayakar,

Just a question, have you tried to reset the Marantz completely? I mean sometimes some microprocessors get locked and do not work. Sorry If what I am saying sounds completely basic and stupid. I am sure you have tried it, but if not check your manual for a complete reset and see if it works.

I hope this helps

Vinod

Pls. search the internet for any one with similar problems in this particular model or any other marantz models, it might help narrow the cause down. just try blowing any dust that might have accumulated on the boards.

its been three months now and still no solution. The person at audiopeople ( chennai) has conceded defeat. He says the software cd is not available with him and there is no chance he can get it from singapore. if the software is not available then , will these other guys be able to help me?

I also faced the same issue trying to get my denon receiver serviced, the singapore center did not have the parts, I had to get them from UK/Germany. Check the net for authorized marantz service centers in the UK/US/Germany and contact them via email regarding your problem.

Dear Jacob,

I just purchased a Marantz pm6004 this noon and worked fine at the initial set up by, listening to my favorites and i switched off by using standby mode on the remote. Few hours later when i switched on the power button on the amplifier unit it is not working at all. I tried all the set ups which mentioned on the user manual but still no use. Please let me know how did you tried to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance

Rajesh

Dear Jacob,

I just purchased a Marantz pm6004 this noon and worked fine at the initial set up by, listening to my favorites and i switched off by using standby mode on the remote. Few hours later when i switched on the power button on the amplifier unit it is not working at all. I tried all the set ups which mentioned on the user manual but still no use. Please let me know how did you tried to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance

Rajesh

Try to reach the person from the below post by captrajesh.... Mr Sayeed in Philips Arena.. Mount Road... The same person had fixed issue with my Marantz AVR 5200 few years back...

Don't know about Pondicherry but Chennai has a couple of knowledgeable repair guys. One Mr. Sayeed in Philips Arena (Opp Spencers) & one Mr. Tankachan in Power Electronics, Ritchie St. Tankachan does not undertake repairs himself unless the equipment is exotic; usually his deputies handle the repairs.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back