Marantz AV surround Receiver SR301

aiyathomas

Hi All, I got a old model Marantz AV surround Receiver SR301, and want to connect my LED TV (with optical audio OUT), so the audio from the TV will pass through the speakers connected to the SR301. I have no idea on how to set it up, as I have connected the Optical Out (TV) to the Optical IN (SR301), but still no sound. Also, which source I should select on the SR301? Thank you.

Hi All, I got a old model Marantz AV surround Receiver SR301, and want to connect my LED TV (with optical audio OUT), so the audio from the TV will pass through the speakers connected to the SR301. I have no idea on how to set it up, as I have connected the Optical Out (TV) to the Optical IN (SR301), but still no sound. Also, which source I should select on the SR301? Thank you.

Congrats on you amplifier...Try to access the On Screen Display (OSD) Menu from Marantz receivers remote. there you can set it up... Assign any of the inputs (TV,DSS, CD) to Digital.. Look @ the back of the receiver to finf out which Digital connections you haev used.. For Ex, DIGI1, DIGI2, DIGI3.. Then set it to digital against the input mentioned above... It should work...

What devices are you connecting to the tv? I would hook up everything to the AVR and then run a HDMI cable from AVR to TV. All devices like STB, Bluray player, dvd player, etc can be hooked up to the AVR.

hi,

If your are playing movies/music from tv's usb port, you must select the source as TV & then go to amp setup menu, go to Input setup, go to input assign & check if the digital optical is assigned to TV or not, if not then assign it, if yes or after assigning it, then in the same menu go to Input Mode, & select the input to Digital. Secondly your tv speakers setting in the tv sound menu should be set to external speakers & this way you should be able to hear the tv's sound via the speakers connected to your marantz.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back