Marantz AV7005 Surround Preamplifier

Pandamaudio

marantzav7005.jpg

Does anyone on the forum have any experience with this Marantz AV7005 Surround Preamplifier?

Just wanted to know the general user feedback. Is it easy to setup and use? Also what is the opinion of the sound quality of this Marantz AV7005 preamplifier?

Setup is easy, it's very nice to use. The video up scaling is excellent. When I bought it, I used it with my ProAcs, and was thrilled with the sound - its much nicer than most AVRs, and I have owned quite a few of those. Also, it blows away a lot of stereo amps. Excellent feature set, too. I also find it very pleasing to look at, especially paired with the Marantz gear. Negatives: AirPlay is spotty, iOS app is crap. Expensive, once you add the Amps.

I just opened it out and havent yet connected it up. Its got HDMI 1.4, its a networked player so I can access my NAS to play audio files without a separate player, and can do firmware upgrades over the internet, among other things.

These reviews convinced me:

Marantz AV7005 7.1 A/V Processor - Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity

Marantz AV7005 Surround Processor and MM7055 Amplifier | Home Theater

Music in the Round #47 | Stereophile.com

Marantz AV7005 Home Theater Preamp Processor Reviewed

Is it better, will play with it for sometime and report.

Plus Audyssey. The Emotiva is good, but of an earlier generation-their new pre pro is stuck with some technical issues and has been on the verge of launch for over a year, with no sign of release. This one is much more feature rich, as you can see from the reviews.

Thanks,Audyssey multi eqXT is good setting option.It calculates the things better than YAPO.

Initial set up is easy, and audio quality is outstanding. Audyssey is not difficult, and while the preamp has a lot more settings than I am likely to use, I may need a bit more time to get familiar.

I have listened to music, watched music videos as well as BR and HD movies, so far so good, and I am more than happy with my decison to upgrade.

The one thing that I havent yet been able to do is to get it connected to the net, though I have made the connection via ethernet. Spent anout 5-6 hours today listening to musci and watching HD and BR, definitely combines well with my Hypex Class D amps, and my speakers are now performing to their potential.

Build quality is good, it has a flap in font, to cover up the LED display partially will watching movies. will post a photo

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back