Marantz CD 63 SE Remote Failure

reubensm

My lovely Marantz CD63 SE has been so nice to listen to that I've moved over to CD listening for a while. However, today I got the shock of my life when my CD63 SE remote just stopped working. None of the buttons work. Tried changing the batteries but no luck. Any suggestions from the forum members or can anyone suggest how I can get a replacement remote, or get the existing one fixed? Thanks in advance for your help.

OEM Marantz remote controllers are usually full proof. You did not mention whether the remote actually fell down before it stopped working. This is a common cause for remotes to stop working.

Try the following:

1) Check the rear of your cd player, there should be a switch for the remote badged as Internal or System. Ensure that the switch points to the Internal option, if not, the remote controller won't work

2) If this is not the issue, then use an old radio, point the remote to it and try pressing the buttons. You should hear a beap, everytime you press a button. It you hear the beap, the remote controller unit is working fine and the CD Player remote infrared sensor needs to be checked. If you don't hear a beap, open the remote control unit and check for loose contacts. When remotes fall down, the battery contacts normally get displaced resulting in non-functionality.

Remote control units usually have surface mounted semiconductors, hence fixing them are difficult. You may want to try a universal remote if it is confirmed that your remote control unit has died.

Check the following link, its pretty useful.

Marantz CD-Player Remote Sensor Fault - Any Ideas Please? | whathifi.com

most of marantz CDP's can be controllled by Philips CDP remote. Earlier used to get aroud Rs 150-300 on Lamington road. so if everthing fails lemme know - i visit lamrd once a while
( you need to pay price+ shipping)

also point out ur remote to mobile camera ..,press buttons and u can see remote led glowing ,another test

Me too. Thanks a lot for posting this. I even replaced the IR receiver module on my CD-63 before discovering the switch on the back!
:cheers:

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back