marantz MCR-510/603/610 feedback

deep_g

Folks,

We (couple of friends and I) are planning for our first HiFi stereo setups. Our requirements are - CD, FLAC/Mp3 playback from USB, Digitial audio in - and preferably a compact system. And budget is within 50k. We have shortlisted the Marantz MCR series (603/510/610). I have pioneer sp-bs22 speakers to pair them with. And we are also looking for BA A25, polk RTi, QA 2010i. I know some of your are already having these systems - so any longterm and enlightening feedback is more than welcome, it's very helpful - we are just taking our first steps to stereo nirvana.

One more thing, I have been calling around Bangalore Hifi dealers for an audition of these sets. And seemingly, nobody in Bangalore offer an audition of these. Is that correct? I was very surprised - that we would have to do a blind (deaf, rather) buy of an audio product.

Looking forward to being guided by you all.

deep_g,
I do face the similar issue around 2 years back, when i was searching for audition in chennai for mini system Scansonic minimate.

I dont know why hifi dealers are not considering compact system buyers for audition.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back