Marantz NR1606 - Stuck in Update Retry Loop - Connection Fail01 Error

balzac

Hello Everyone,

My Marantz NR1606 has got stuck to an "Update Retry" Loop and gets a "Connection Fail01" error.

Not sure what to do? Its has made my AVR completely stop working.

Is there a way around this?

Cheers!

Try a factory reset if possible else you may have to take it to the dealer. Although if I am not mistaken the warranty may not cover software updation issues. The Marantz dealer had cautioned me to regarding updation over the net since in India the connections are not so great & to get a pen drive to the dealer for the firmware.

Here are some reset steps - presume you have tried them

A very long time ago, I had helped a friend recover a similarly bricked Denon AVR using an appropriate FW file downloaded from the Denon site..
Wasn't easy to locate IIRC
Denon and Marantz use a very similar architecture so something similar may work

Try a factory reset if possible else you may have to take it to the dealer. Although if I am not mistaken the warranty may not cover software updation issues. The Marantz dealer had cautioned me to regarding updation over the net since in India the connections are not so great & to get a pen drive to the dealer for the firmware.

My dealer had cautioned me too. :( This was done mistakenly.

A very long time ago, I had helped a friend recover a similarly bricked Denon AVR using an appropriate FW file downloaded from the Denon site..

Thanks for this. I would be giving this a try. But, unfortunately there is no place I can find where I can download the Firmware. Its such a bummer!

Try to reset the network module

NR1506/NR1606/NR1607: Hold down the "SOUND MODE and "DIMMER" buttons simultaneously for at least 3 seconds.

Regards

My dealer had cautioned me too. :( This was done mistakenly.

Never mind what's happened has happened. Pls try a reset or request the dealer to help you out or worst case scenario pls email marantz.
The Indian dealer is MZ Audio in Mumbai, Bandra(W).

Nos 022 26401411/12
Akbarbhai mob 9870287687

Akbarbhai is in charge of repairs but in the current Covid 19 situation they will be shut. But pls ask him for a solution on the mobile if possible.

Last edited:
Never mind what's happened has happened. Pls try a reset or request the dealer to help you out or worst case scenario pls email marantz.
The Indian dealer is MZ Audio in Mumbai, Bandra(W).

Nos 022 26401411/12
Akbarbhai mob 9870287687

Akbarbhai is in charge of repairs but in the current Covid 19 situation they will be shut. But pls ask him for a solution on the mobile if possible.

Thanks for this.

I have bought my AVR from MZ Audio only. :) So, when you mentioned about the dealer mentioning that don't do an update, I thought we are talking about the same person.

Thanks for this.

I have bought my AVR from MZ Audio only. :) So, when you mentioned about the dealer mentioning that don't do an update, I thought we are talking about the same person.

Most welcome Balzac. I too bought from Akbarbhai. Took the last update from him in Jan 2020. Infact another update for the receiver stability has popped up a few weeks back which I am delaying. Pls try a factory reset first as recommended by everyone & then try talking to him if a reset does not work .
Hope your issue gets resolved.

Regards.

Last edited:

Hi Mate, Thanks for this tip. AVR is now functional :)

From marantz https://support.marantz.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7258/kw/Firmware

Some users have experienced an issue with network connection after a recent update. Please use the procedure below to revert the AVR’s firmware back to the initial firmwareversion as this will allow your AVR to reconnect to the network and then receive the current firmware version once again. Please note, you will need to redo the setup for your AVR after the new firmware has been installed. We apologize for the inconvenience. We recommend saving your settings using the Save/Load option in the GUI (General – Save/Load) once the current update is complete. You will need a USB drive in order to do this.

Firmware Regression (Factory Restore) Procedure:

- Put the unit in Standby. (Zones powered off)
- Press and hold the “Button A” and “Button B” buttons on the front panel.
- While holding in the above buttons power on the unit.
- You will see "Restoring FW..." on the display. Once you see that, release the 2 buttons and give it about 10 minutes to complete.

Models: Button A/B Combo

NR1200: STATUS & SPEAKER

NR1508, NR1509, NR1510, NR1608, NR1609, NR1710: STATUS & PURE DIRECT

SR5012, SR5013, SR5014, SR6012, SR6013, SR6014: M-DAX & TUNER PRESET CH +

SR7011, SR7012, SR7013, AV7703, AV7704, AV7705, SR8012, AV8805: M-DAX & DYNAMIC EQ

I have the same problem. Got stuck in the "update retry..." screen. Already tried resetting using mdax + zone2 source buttons, it showed "initialised" and various inputs and then back to the "update retry..." screen again. Can you tell me what's in that link? It's not available anymore and it seems like it will resolved the issue

Yes. I did. In that shared link by Supercarz. It has the process to Factory Reset based on your model number. :)
What did you do to factory reset that?

I found the page using webarchive and tried resetting using zone2source+internetradio buttons as suggested by the page. The display blink like it was said on the page then show various input then the update retry sign was gone.

But now i still can't do anything with it. The GUI won't show up on HDMI. Buttons on the remote that needs GUI like SETUP or OPTION also didn't respond. And there's no sound coming out from my receiver. Bluetooth and USB was detected but still no sound

Attachments

• 20211005_031815.jpg
    20211005_031815.jpg
    423.2 KB · Views: 18
What did you do to factory reset that?

I found the page using webarchive and tried resetting using zone2source+internetradio buttons as suggested by the page. The display blink like it was said on the page then show various input then the update retry sign was gone.

But now i still can't do anything with it. The GUI won't show up on HDMI. Buttons on the remote that needs GUI like SETUP or OPTION also didn't respond. And there's no sound coming out from my receiver. Bluetooth and USB was detected but still no sound
The option related to the respective Model number I tried. It worked for me.

Also, the GUI wouldn't be visible. The options would be shown on the screen on your AVR.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back