Marantz or Denon or Onkyo help me to choose

sunild

Hi Guys,

Need your help to decide AVR and speakers.

Used onkyo nr609 earlier gave it brother while relocating, presently in Dubai planning to build home theatre starting with AVR.

Little confused what to buy please suggest.

Room size 14 x 12 , will start with 5.1, Movies/Music 80:20 , Tech- Atmos and DTS-X budget for AVR 60000 /Speakers 60000 (If speakers are expensive will start with stereo later will go for additional speakers.

Just visited one of the shop here in Dubai AVR prices are as below.

Marantz -SR5010 - 61000 Rs
Denon - RX2200 - 59200 Rs

Presently Onkyo not available here in Dubai ,Suggest what AVR and what speaker can match with AVR .

Speakers available Catnon movie 95 , Taga AV506 5.1 and monitor audio stero bronze

Suggest me few movies and songs which i can use to test the AVR and speakers

i think Marantz SR5010 + Monitor Audio should be perfect combo. How much are they quoting for Monitor Audio? Again audition is the key here :)

Just visited one of the shop here in Dubai AVR prices are as below.

Marantz -SR5010 - 61000 Rs
Denon - RX2200 - 59200 Rs

Usually AVR prices in Dubai are very cheap, almost 100% less than India price.. The prices that you have mentioned are rather high..

Presently Onkyo not available here in Dubai ,Suggest what AVR and what speaker can match with AVR .

What abt Yamaha & Pioneer.. There are some good models too in their line up..

Speakers available Catnon movie 95 , Taga AV506 5.1 and monitor audio stero bronze

For 80% movies, Canton movie 95 would do great .. But if you get a good deal for a 9.2 AVR, then 2 x Canton movie 95 package and make it 9.2 :eek:hyeah:

Suggest me few movies and songs which i can use to test the AVR and speakers

Mad max fury road is one movie which i got to hear on Atmos demo recently... Gravity too..

What is the street price for a SR6010 if anyone has recently seen one in Singapore or Dubai?

Thanks guys for you responses , will let you know the price for 6010.

How about PSB's does they match with Marantz and for Movie Marantz is good choice.

Any Marantz 5010 owners add some inputs and review what speakers they are using and how good this AVR for Movies.

Yamaha can any suggest specific models i can audition.

Look at Yamaha Aventage 850 - should be ideal for your requirements, if less budget then Yamaha 681.

Moniter Audio Bronze is good choice,
Canton Movie star sats are good but the sub is weak.

Hi

I used both the NR and SR series for movies and music.....excellent in my view......PSBs, Jamos, KEFs, Wharfedale, Taga, Q Acoustics, Bostons, Focals, Polks, etc. match very well with Marantz...

Depending on the listening area and how much furniture you have in the room....you may need to tweak settings / levels after audyssey run to get optimal performance.....that's what I do and get the best out of AVRs...

Guys any quick take on Marantz 5010 or Marantz 6011 for PSBs T5, C5 n B4s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just checked the specs in marants asia, dont see much difference between 5010 / 5011 and 5010 / 6011, is there any specific pls help.

will be visiting fairdeal most probab this weekend

Hi,

As per CNET and other reviews not much difference except for some technical aspects related to 4k and HDCP 2.2...

Oh yes I see that 5010/5011 almost same just cosmetic changes but 6010/6011 are different breed, but for my psbs t5 5010/5011 is enough

Marantz 6011 can be directly compared with Denon x4300. There may be slight difference. It would be interesting choice between these two!

Just checked the specs in marants asia, dont see much difference between 5010 / 5011 and 5010 / 6011, is there any specific pls help.

will be visiting fairdeal most probab this weekend

May be little-
DSD at 5.6Mhz
5GHz frequency support under WiFi (now dual band)

RC Source Select (allows changing of an HDMI standby pass through source while the AVR is in Standby mode - 2015 and older models require powering on the AVR to change the pass through source)

DAC chip- TI Burr Brown 1690?
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...nr-1607-sr-5011-6011-7011-owner-s-thread.html

6011 is 5.1.4 out of the box and can be 7.1.4 with external amp which isn't in the 5011

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Am looking for 5010 / 5011 and that's confirmed, looking for asap, anyone with current pricing in Mumbai ? Had checked Alfa month back and it 5010 was approx 61-62k
Any idea about fairdeal pricing ?

Hi

I think Fairdeal was selling the same around 75-78k with Bill....not aware of other street prices.....saw an olx ad of someone at Mumbai Central...selling 5010 for 70k.....without bill

Guys Delivery taken for MR 5010
Shall share some pics by day afte r

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back