• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

For Sale Marantz PM5003 Integrated Amplifier

Marantz offers at HiFiMART.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

bizarre

Hey Guys,

For sale is a 1.5yrs old Marantz PM5003 integrated amplifier. It used to power the Jamo C405 I have. The specifics are as follows:

• Condition: 9.5/10 (if I may say so. Except for age, no problem, no mark, nothing)
  • Reason for sale: I am not using it for almost an year now and don't foresee doing so in near future either.
  • Age: 18 months (bought in Mar 2010. This thread is a witness.)
  • Usage: Around 200 hours max. Soon after buying it, I realized I had no time for listening to music. I was more inclined towards movies, so bought this Yamaha v1500 in Sep 10 and since then it has been box-packed. Opened only to see if it's still working fine.)
  • Purchased: New from Viola in Mumbai with bill and warranty.
  • Warranty: No warranty left now. Can give a copy of the invoice (will keep the original as it has Jamo C405 too which has 5-year warranty).
  • Asking Price: Rs.13,000 (bought for 17.5K after a great bargain)
The amplifier is in excellent condition and will come with all original stuff such as box, thermocol packaging, remote etc.

Mumbai buyers preferred but can ship to anywhere in this country at buyer's cost, preferred courier and of course risk.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. Auditions are welcome.

To know more about PM5003:
Specifications from Marantz Europe
Stereophile review

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

bizarre

Sorry for the confusion. Viola is a hi-fi equipment shop in Andheri, Mumbai. Bought this amp along with the Jamo C405 speakers from there. Bought it new.

denzong

yummy but the issue is it cannot drive my wharf 9.5 effectively, thats what i think.

bizarre

I'm no expert in this and you may have to consult a fellow HFVian for this. But it used to drive my 140w Jamo C405 floorstanders well. At 10' o clock position, it used to make the room unbearably loud. But that could also be because my room was 12x12.

hemantwaghe

Banned
A good amp and more than that ...very nice person to deal with... all the best banwari..

BTW you had remote right?

bizarre

Thanks for the nice words, Hemant sir.

Yes, I have remote for the amp which hasn't been brought out of the plastic cover. :)

bizarre

Guys,

I'm pulling off the advertisement. It's not because I did not get enough responses. But because I'm too busy to manage the sale. I got more than adequate responses. Two people confirmed to buy. Jitender in fact asked me to send bank details, it's more than a week but I couldn't even do that (he is angry with me. I'm really sorry, Jitender). One person came to see it, unpacking, auditioning and packing it back was a pain.

I've decided to gift it to a friend. He will pick it up this week.

So, the sale is closed.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.