Marantz PM8006 and SR7013 - HT BYPASS AND POWER AMP

rajivaryan1984

Dear FM’s,

I am at the final stages of deciding the gears for my dream home theatre setup and have come across a roadblock where I need your valuable inputs and suggestions.I noticed that my existing Stereo integrated amp Marantz PM8006 has both POWER AMP DIRECT IN & PRE-OUT both. It is very much clear that I can use it as an extra Power Amp for the front 2 speakers with my AVR MARANTZ SR 7013 when using HT and can use PM8006 for stereo listening.

My question is since I have an option to add a STEREO POWER AMP to PM8006 using the other option of PRE-OUT, is it really possible to add an extra stereo power amplifier to PM8006 and using the same with SR7013 as a power amp BOTH...
Also if you can please recommend me a good stereo power amp for PM8006 which integrates well with PM8006 and speakers will be ELAC DEBUT FS OR SVS PRIME PINNACLE FS.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 24
In Power amp Direct mode,
Pre-Amplifier Power amplifier
SR-7013 PM-8006
In Pre-out mode
PM-8006 External PA.

So with SR7013 as pre amp you can use PM8006 power amplifier section.
Simultaneously you can use external PA with PM8006 pre-amplifier section only . In this case I will connect external PA to SR7013 only while PM8006 will work as dedicated IA. You can't use Marantz SR7013 as pre amplifier for both PA simultaneously (PM8006 and external PA).
More experienced FM may put this things in better way. You may seek help from them.
PM8006 is itself a very good IA so consider PA for SR7013. If you crave for more power than FM may help you in this regards considering speakers, space,budget etc.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back