Marantz SR 6014 or SR 7013 or SR 6015 with Kef Q950

manujgupta

Hi all.

I have zeroed in on the Kef Q950 as Floor standers. I will be building the system from scratch. I had heard the speakers with Denon AVR X3600H and Marantz SR 6014. I am inclined towards Marantz as the AVR. However have been offered 3 options in MArantz. SR 6014 in available. However my dealer says that SR 6015 will be launched by end on this month and I should wait for it. Also, I have offered SR 7013 at a very good price. Needed suggestion as to what should I opt for the AVR.

Also, are there any other speakers which can be compared with KEF in the same price range. I had heard Elac 6.2, Q Accoustics Concept 40 and Kef Q950. I loved KEf the most out of these.

Thanks in advance
Manuj

any specific reason why you are not choosing 3600h? I was also in same delemma a few weeks before but everyone suggested to go with 3600h,since there is not much diff in sound quality in 3600h and 6014. So, I bought 3600h and saved around 14k, which ever spent on other components.

Hi all.

I have zeroed in on the Kef Q950 as Floor standers. I will be building the system from scratch. I had heard the speakers with Denon AVR X3600H and Marantz SR 6014. I am inclined towards Marantz as the AVR. However have been offered 3 options in MArantz. SR 6014 in available. However my dealer says that SR 6015 will be launched by end on this month and I should wait for it. Also, I have offered SR 7013 at a very good price. Needed suggestion as to what should I opt for the AVR.

Also, are there any other speakers which can be compared with KEF in the same price range. I had heard Elac 6.2, Q Accoustics Concept 40 and Kef Q950. I loved KEf the most out of these.

Thanks in advance
Manuj

Marantz offers a more warm sound signature and edged towards music.....if you are more into movies....Denon may make sense....

the XX15 models are the supposedly new 8K video processing models from the regular 4K ones that are there now.....unless you see yourself really getting and using 8K video...makes no sense waiting for that. Possibly you can negotiate further since the 8K AVRs are being launched etc.

Compare the specs for the SR6014 and the SR7013.....the 7013 has a more better power supply....more output etc........depending on how much budget you have allocated or would use....take a call....both have the same Audyssey version for setup....the main difference is power output...HDMI connectivity etc......

Bottom line there are many speakers out there...if you have auditioned something and like it from a listening and appearance perspective (including costs), go for it! You can also check with other dealers on the best price available......

Hi all.

Thanks in advance
Manuj
7013 even though an older model it’s a higher model compared to 6015. Unless you see yourself making use of 2.1 and 8k there is no need to wait for the 6015. If movies and music is your priority 7013 has more to offer then 6015.

any specific reason why you are not choosing 3600h? I was also in same delemma a few weeks before but everyone suggested to go with 3600h,since there is not much diff in sound quality in 3600h and 6014. So, I bought 3600h and saved around 14k, which ever spent on other components.
There was just a difference of around 8k in both of them. Everybody recommended to go with Marantz saying the components are far better. But SR 6014 is not available anywhere now. The dealer who has it is quoting a far higher price. Then I was offered a good deal on Sr7013. Effectively sr 7013 and sr6015 will be costing the same. Thus the confusion.

It has that feature. It is mentioned in the specs on the website. Can you let me know what difference does it make?
It’s an useless feature IMO. Your main speakers produces virtual height effects.
There was just a difference of around 8k in both of them. Everybody recommended to go with Marantz saying the components are far better. But SR 6014 is not available anywhere now. The dealer who has it is quoting a far higher price. Then I was offered a good deal on Sr7013. Effectively sr 7013 and sr6015 will be costing the same. Thus the confusion.
Go for the 7013 if you are getting it in the same price of 6015. Marantz does use better components and has better built quality but I won’t say it’s far better then Denon and also in real world you won’t even notice that much difference in performance.

If both are available for same price, I will prefer to have box pack Marantz SR7013 for overall better two channels and multi channels performance at the cost of few features. Marantz 70xx series have better power supply and signal processing then Marantz 60xx series. Both falls under different product category line as Marantz SR70xx series considered as high segment vs 60xx as mid segment. For same speakers configuration 60xx will run out of power at higher volume where as 70xx will deliver thrilling performance. For new box pack units with full manufacturer warranty it is advisable to go for SR7013.

Thanks again for all the inputs. Heard the Kef's with both SR 6014 and SR 7013 today. 6014 was no where in league 7013. Finally ordered Kef Q950 with Marantz SR7013.

This would be my first foray into home theater setup and and am really thankful to all the forum members in making up my mind

Thanks
Manuj

Thanks again for all the inputs. Heard the Kef's with both SR 6014 and SR 7013 today. 6014 was no where in league 7013. Finally ordered Kef Q950 with Marantz SR7013.

This would be my first foray into home theater setup and and am really thankful to all the forum members in making up my mind

Thanks
Manuj

Congratulations Manuj. You will never regret your decision with Marantz.

Thanks
Manuj
What's the price of 7013 and which city you are in Manuj?

Thanks
Manuj
Congratulations

Congratulations. You made the right choice based on feedback by FMs. I too would have gone for 7013 over 6014.
Early this year I was unsure about 6014 vs 6013 but quick comparison on Google made my decision lot easier. There was hardly any difference between both so I picked up 6013 and saved few bucks.

Why do you guys say the preamp sectio of 7013 is better than 6014? The power amp is better but couldnt see any place where it mentioned any change in preamp.

Also, how important is HDCP 2.2/2.3, HDR/HDR10/HDR10+, and 4k/120Hz as these are the other differences in the 13 vs 14 vs 15 series

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back